Kent Hovind's Prayer for IRS Special Agent Scott Schneider!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
      One of the issues in the Hovind case (there's so many of them) is the one where Kent Hovind tries to make out that his alleged persecution included such allegedly absurd charges as praying on the radio for Special Agent Scott Schneider.

      What is with that?

      I don't know the whole story, but I think I found enough to illustrate further how it is that Kent Hovind simply can't be trusted to tell the truth about such things.

      I report, you decide!

      Following are three reports regarding that matter; two from Kent Hovind and one from what appears to be published report in the Pensacola News Journal newspaper.

      Those are followed by a quote I transcribed from the indictment.

      (1)

      http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/365.pdf

      (excerpts)

      From: Kent Hovind
      Page 11

      When IRS-CID Special Agent Scott Schneider was
      questioned on the witness stand he added that
      he felt "threatened" when Defendant "prayed for
      him on the radio".

      The Grand Jury Indictment did not name Agent
      Scott Schneider as the one "threatened" nor did
      it say what the alleged "threat" was nor how a
      "prayer on the radio" became a threat.

      (2)

      http://www.facebook.com/2peter3

      From: Kent Hovind
      Date: February 7, 2013

      (excerpts)

      BD #12- The Attack- As always, when Satan
      sees someone trying to serve God he attacks.

      The IRS began "investigating" our ministry
      in 1995.

      They could find no law we broke so in 2006
      they came in and arrested my wife and I for
      some of the DUMBEST charges in the history
      of the world!

      I was charged with "threatening an agent"
      because I prayed for him on the radio!
      (I got 3 years for that!)

      (3)

      http://hovind.blogspot.com/

      (excerpts)

      Published - October, 31, 2006
      IRS agent testifies in Hovind trial
      Case could go to jury Thursday

      Nicole Lozare
      Pensacola News Journal

      Special IRS Agent Scott Schneider testified...

      Schneider, who was on the stand for nearly eight
      hours on Monday, testified that Kent Hovind was
      confrontational and uncooperative.

      On Hovind's radio show aired over the Internet,
      the evangelist prayed that something would stop
      the agents' investigation.

      "We took it seriously and were aware of our own
      personal safety," Schneider said.

      (Note: The 3 years Kent references was as to Count 58 which alleged that Kent Hovind "did endeavor to obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws by acts which include...filing a petition for bankruptcy and falsely listing...filing a false and frivolous lawsuit against the IRS...filing a complaint...against an investigating IRS special agent and the Commissioner of the IRS...making threats of harm to those investigating him and those who may consider cooperating with their investigation...filing a false complaint against investigating IRS agents...filing a criminal complaint against investigating IRS special agents...destroying records...and paying his employees in cash...to avoid payroll tax...")

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
        Kent Hovind Jury Instructions
        As to Count 58 Mentioned in Original Post

        (excerpts)

        Title 18, United States Code, Section 7212(a), makes
        it a federal crime or offense for anyone to corruptly
        endeavor to obstruct or impede the due administration
        of internal revenue laws.

        The Defendant can be found guilty of that offense only
        if both of the following facts are proved beyond a
        reasonable doubt:

        First:

        That the Defendant knowingly endeavored
        to obstruct or impede the due administration
        of internal revenue laws, as charged; and

        Second:

        That the Defendant did so corruptly.

        To act "corruptly" means to act knowingly and
        dishonestly with the specific intent to secure
        and unlawful benefit for oneself or another.

        To "endeavor" to impede or obstruct means…
        However, it is not necessary for the Government
        to prove…, only that the Defendant corruptly
        endeavored to do so.

        Neither is it necessary for the Government to
        prove all of the alleged ways and means of
        committing the charged offense as stated in
        the indictment.

        It would be sufficient if the Government proves
        beyond a reasonable doubt, that the Defendant
        committed any one of those alleged ways and
        means with the corrupt intent to obstruct or