Re: Eric Hovind takes that FaceBook page underground?

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
      Mary doesn't realize how important a part she is now playing in the development of the Hovind cases; the following exchange now having taken place:

      http://www.facebook.com/erichovind
      http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

      (17)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 12:45 PM MT

      Robert: I have no way of knowing how or why Kent decided
      to correspond with you.

      But the transcripts posted make it obvious to me that he
      thought you were trying to help him, rather than exploit
      him.

      When he discovered the truth, he withdrew from the
      conversation.

      Why you continue to hound Eric's pages and post transcripts
      of your conversation with me, is the real mystery, in my
      opinion.

      I am a nobody.

      I was not involved in the case against Dr. Hovind and do
      not know much about it.

      I am, however, a friend of Eric Hovind and a supporter of
      his ministry, Creation Today. And I will continue to oppose
      and expose your harassment of him, his family, and his
      ministry.

      (18)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 12:50 PM MT

      Mary, you should be more cautious now that you've been
      rather clearly informed of just how misguided you have
      been in these important public matters.

      Try your hand with Kent and his people before presuming
      any further to counsel me regarding your misguided
      opinions.

      Kent and his people will either come out and come clean
      about Kent's decision to seek me out, or not.

      You now enjoy a very important public position in these
      matters involving Kent, Jo, Eric and others.

      You and your friends do have ways of finding out and
      documenting your efforts to find out the truth behind
      Kent's decision to seek me out.

      Run off if you will, but I would prefer a little more
      openness and honesty on your part and the part of your
      friends (i.e., Eric Hovind) regarding the important,
      public issues involved in the Kent and Jo Hovind cases.

      "rlbaty50" wrote:

      -------------------Historical Record------------------

      http://www.facebook.com/ericmhovind

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Friday, February 8, 2013
      Time: About 5:00 PM MT

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/02/08/is-irs-persecuting-kent-hovi\
      \
      nd-for-creationism/

      (2)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Friday, February 8, 2013
      Time: About 10:00 PM MT

      Justin, Nathan, Robert, and Warren:

      Have you ever stopped to consider that Eric is a
      real person?

      A real man with convictions?

      It is so easy for you to troll his page and type all
      kinds of nasty statements about him, and maybe you
      really believe the trash you spew. But we know Eric.

      My whole family adores him and his whole family.
      We have found them all to be kind, generous, humble,
      and full of godliness.

      I know I can't change what you think about him and
      his ministry, but it hurts me to read your comments
      and the comments of others like you.

      You delight in tearing down someone who is so special
      to us.

      If you want to object to something he says, do it.

      I'm sure even I don't agree with him 100%.
      But to seize every opportunity to slander him,
      is very immature.

      (3)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
      Time: About 7:30 AM MT

      Mary, to the extent that you have addressed your
      comments to me, I think you missed the mark;
      not even close.

      If it be that Eric is "a real man", and I think he is,
      I would welcome the opportunity to engage him in a
      "man-to-man" discussion about the public issues I
      have sought to address regarding his mother and father.

      Kent and I had a recent exchange, but Kent is not open
      and honest about the important public issues involving
      him and Jo.

      Maybe you can exercise your moral influence and get
      Eric to come out and engage me in some "real" conversation,
      open, honest conversation about these things.

      (4)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
      Time: About 8:00 AM MT

      Mary,

      Following is the link to the transcript of my
      recent discussion with Kent Hovind:

      Here's the link to my open invitation to Eric
      to come out and engage me in a little "man-to-man"
      discussion of the important, public issues I have
      sought to address regarding him and his parents:

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
      Time: About 8:30 AM MT

      Mary,

      Come to think of it, you might get Eric to engage
      Forbes contributor Peter J. Reilly in conversation
      about these important public issues.

      Peter also had a recent exchange with Kent, leading
      up to his latest column on the subject:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/02/08/is-irs-persecuting-kent-hovi\
      \
      nd-for-creationism/

      Eric can contact Peter via that link or send me a note
      to forward to Peter for his consideration. Maybe Peter
      will be able to come up with another column featuring Eric.

      (6)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
      Time: About 10:00 PM MT

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
      Time: About 11:00 PM MT

      Mary, do you know what happened to Eric's other
      FaceBook page where we had an exchange?

      Did you get my messages that were posted there

      That page seems to have since disappeared.

      (8)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 10:30 AM MT

      The page is still there Robert.

      It is Eric's personal page so you may have been
      blocked for harassment.

      I did see a message from you containing two links
      and I responded to it yesterday morning.

      I don't know if you ever replied.

      (9)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:30 AM MT

      Mary, it could not have been for harassment.

      I don't do that.

      Must have been some other reason.

      I did happen to preserve our exchange at my place
      if you care to join the discussion there.

      Here's the link:

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:35 AM MT

      Robert: you were probably blocked for harassment.

      I'm very glad about that.

      It's one thing to disagree with someone on their
      personal page and quite another to make it your
      mission to tear them down at every opportunity.

      I would have blocked you a lot sooner,
      if it was my page.

      (11)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:40 AM MT

      Mary.

      No, I could not have been blocked for harassment;
      though I can see where someone might want to trump
      up that charge against me.

      Here's a link to our discussion there if you or
      anyone else wants to engage that discussion at my
      place:

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:40 AM MT

      It sure looked like harassment to me.

      This was my response, it is still on the page but I
      don't know if you saw it before you were blocked:

      Robert, the open invitation link is incorrect, it is
      just a transcript of our discussion here.

      But as for your correspondence with Kent, it is quite
      obvious to me that he was misled into thinking that
      you were there to help him, when your real motives
      were quite different.

      I do not blame him for withdrawing from the conversation,
      nor do I see anything incriminating in what he disclosed.

      As for Eric, he is his own man and is running the ministry
      the way he believes God would have him. He doesn't answer
      to his dad or to you for the way he handles it.

      What is your purpose in engaging him anyway?

      From my perspective, you are attempting to tear down the
      man so you don't have to listen to his message.

      But surely, even if a donkey speaks the truth, it is
      still the Truth.

      And when you stand before God on Judgment Day, you cannot
      hide behind what you think Kent Hovind did wrong.

      (13)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:45 AM MT

      Mary, thanks for that insight.

      I like that note about Kent being misled, because I
      had nothing really to do with whatever it was that
      led him to decide to engage me in that conversation.

      That's just another secret Kent and his folks are
      keeping.

      I would certainly like to have a copy of the correspondence
      Kent had with others that led to Kent deciding to engage
      me and later Peter in the recent discussions.

      Maybe you can use your moral influence to get Kent and
      his folks to come clean about all of that.

      I do, however, remain available to help Kent, but Kent
      has made it clear that he is not receptive to the kind
      of help I can give him and his misguided supporters and
      the kind of help they need.

      The public issues remain open for discussion and it looks
      like Kent and Jo and their cases are going to be important
      topics of discussion for a long time to come.

      Y'all can engage in those discussions openly and honestly,
      or not.

      (14)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 11:50 AM MT

      Robert: you can pretend to be his friend all you want,
      but the evidence speaks for itself.

      You had no motives other than exploitation so Kent
      would be a fool to seek your help.

      I do not have any "moral influence" with Dr. Hovind; but
      if I did, I would strongly advise him to stay away from
      predators like you.

      (15)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 12:01 PM MT

      Mary, I do not, have not pretended to be Kent's "friend"
      in the sense you wish to use that term.

      I have been, unlike Kent and his defenders, including you,
      been quite open and honest about my interests in Kent's
      and Jo's cases.

      They reject my "friendship" because they don't want the
      help they need and which I can give them. I certainly get
      that, as the exchange with Kent "speaks for itself".

      Help is available, and, I think, it is important to be able
      to document the extent to which you and them reject
      the help that is readily available.

      I thank you for your contribution. I will be introducing
      your important part in this discussion to the Forbes
      audience.

      Look for it in the readers' comments section of the article at:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/02/08/is-irs-persecuting-kent-hovind-for-creationism/

      (16)

      MY CHALLENGE TO KENT HOVIND AND HIS MISGUIDED SUPPORTERS/DEFENDERS!

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
      Time: About 12:20 PM MT

      And so the world awaits the documentation from Kent
      Hovind and/or his supporters as to what Kent Hovind
      was told that led him to affirmatively seek me out
      and add me to his CorrLinks correspondents list.

      Will they be open and honest about this, especially
      in light of the false claims regarding me from certain
      misguided defenders of Kent Hovind?

      I am not going to hold my breath, but I will try to
      emphasize that if Kent Hovind was misled regarding
      my interests and my positions regarding his problems,
      the misleading did not come from me.

      Come out, come out!

      Produce the information upon which Kent Hovind relied
      in seeking me out as a correspondent, or not!

      ---------------------
      ---------------------
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
        Mary pledges her continued diligence in covering for the Hovinds.

        http://www.facebook.com/erichovind
        http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

        (19)

        From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
        Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
        Time: About 2:00 PM MT

        Robert, that's a joke!

        I do not have a very important public position in
        all of this.

        You are either trying to intimidate me (which won't
        work) or you are trying to make yourself more important
        than you are (which I'm not buying).

        I am not misguided, nor am I attempting to offer
        opinions regarding Dr. Hovind and his case.

        I am merely stating facts: I WILL continue to oppose
        and expose your harassment of Eric, his family, and
        his ministry.

        I will NOT be intimidated into silence.

        Nor will I do your bidding by using my "moral influence"
        to get Eric to do something that he doesn't want to do.

        If anything, I will encourage Eric to block you from
        this page as well. You are not here for any purpose
        other than stirring up trouble.

        (20)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
        Time: About 3:00 PM MT

        Mary, you are selling yourself short.

        Like others before you, you emphasized the alleged
        deceit on my part to try and explain why Kent would
        seek me out as a correspondent.

        In fact, you are very important as that issue is
        played out and we see how open and honest Kent and
        his folks are going to be in documenting just who
        told Kent what that led him to seek me out.

        Mary, you are not "merely stating facts"; you have
        falsely accused me, among other things worthy of note.

        You can encourage Eric to run if you wish, but I am
        interested in getting the relevant "players" in all
        of this to come out, come clean, and openly, honestly
        discuss these important public issues.

        Your part, Mary, becomes more and more important as
        you might continue to try and cover for the Hovind
        group.

        (21)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
        Time: About 3:10 PM MT

        MY CHALLENGE TO KENT HOVIND AND HIS MISGUIDED SUPPORTERS/DEFENDERS!

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Friday, February 8, 2013
        Time: About 5:00 PM MT

        From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
        Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
        Time: About 10:00 PM MT

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
          I added the following as an addendum to my challenge:

          http://www.facebook.com/erichovind
          http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

          (22)

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
          Time: About 3:15 PM MT

          Mary Jo LeBlanc wrote, in part:

          > "But as for your correspondence with
          > Kent, it is quite obvious to me that
          > he was misled..."

          As previously noted, Mary is not the first to make that
          charge and, inasmuch as some have supposed that I was the
          one doing the misleading, it is quite appropriate for me
          to ask those amongst the Hovind camp to document their
          investigation into that matter and the results thereof.

          Get those who convinced Kent Hovind to seek me out, or
          Kent Hovind himself to give up those communications that
          will reveal who said what and to what extent, if any,
          there was any misleading going on.

          I don't know what was said to Kent, but I have my side
          of the correspondence that led up to Kent's contacting me.

          Is the Hovind camp open and honest enough to work quickly
          to resolve this simple, factual matter?

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Friday, February 8, 2013
          Time: About 5:00 PM MT

          From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
          Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
          Time: About 10:00 PM MT

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
          Time: About 3:10 PM MT

          MY CHALLENGE TO KENT HOVIND AND HIS MISGUIDED SUPPORTERS/DEFENDERS!

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
            Here's a little from my side regarding how the Hovind correspondence was set up:

            http://www.facebook.com/erichovind
            http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

            (23)

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
            Time: About 4:05 PM MT

            In an earlier posting, I noted that I had my side of the correspondence that led up to Kent Hovind seeking me out
            as a correspondent.

            What has not been made public is the correspondence that
            might resolve the claim by some of Hovind's people that
            Kent was misled, who might have done the misleading, and
            what the misleading, if it occurred, was.

            Here's one example from my side of things:

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Friday, February 8, 2013
            Time: About 5:00 PM MT

            From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
            Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
            Time: About 10:00 PM MT

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
            Time: About 3:10 PM MT

            MY CHALLENGE TO KENT HOVIND AND HIS MISGUIDED SUPPORTERS/DEFENDERS!

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
            Time: About 3:15 PM MT

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
              Only the latest two late night messages this time around:

              http://www.facebook.com/erichovind
              http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

              (24)

              From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
              Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
              Time: About 10:00 PM MT

              Robert: get over yourself!

              I mean, just what do you think you're trying to prove?

              I am not an important player in this.
              I am merely watching from the stands and calling out
              a foul ball.

              I don't have Dr. Hovind's ear and he probably does not
              even know my name. Eric knows me a little, mainly
              because my kids are some of his biggest fans, but I
              do not have his confidence to the point that you are
              insinuating.

              I am just sick of your bullying and your harassment
              of him and his family. You are using his facebook
              pages to try and turn the world against him, but what
              I want to know is this:

              Why do you think the Hovinds owe you anything?

              Who are you to be demanding such things from them?

              What gives you the right to interrogate and harass
              them at all?

              And don't you have a much better use of your time?

              BTW: Go ahead. Have fun repeating everything I say.
              The more you pick on me the less you're messing with
              the Hovinds and that's ALL I care about!

              (25)

              From: Robert Baty
              Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
              Time: About 10:45 PM MT

              Mary,

              You are nobody, and I am nobody too!

              And yet, here we are all caught up in the ongoing saga
              that is the Jo and Kent Hovind cases.

              Your cries from the stands don't count when it comes
              to the "foul balls", but you may have properly figured
              out that someone may have deceived someone in me being
              contacted to try and help Kent with his problems.

              I don't know that there was any deception, but since
              that has been a repeated theme, with some supposing I
              did the deceiving, it is a good thing that Kent and
              his folks be called out to give an account of the
              details of the communications that led up to me being
              chosen by Kent for some chat about his problems.

              No bullying or harassment from me going on here.

              Eric is a big boy and if he is so inclined, he can
              speak for himself instead of sending you out,
              implicitly, to run interference for him.

              The Hovinds don't owe me anything.

              They are the public figures and quite properly their
              cases involve important public issues that Kent is
              working very hard to keep in the public square.

              Eric can run, but he cannot escape his part in the story.

              Now, Mary, if you want to get over yourself and deal
              with the important public issues involving Kent and
              Jo Hovind, I will be glad to chat with you about the
              details.

              You can make your appearance at Forbes or at my place:

              http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/02/08/is-irs-persecuting-kent-hovind-for-creationism/

              or

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 11, 2013
                It looks like Mary Jo LeBlanc and I are starting to see eye to eye on some basic principles. See what you think!

                http://www.facebook.com/ericmhovind
                http://www.facebook.com/erichovind

                http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

                (26)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013
                Time: About 11:30 PM MT

                Mary,

                Now that we are such good friends and all,
                I would like to ask you about a somewhat
                related matter.

                I noticed that you are/were pushing the
                "Empower Network".

                I ran across that promotion not so long ago
                in my ministry to The Christian Post website.
                Some of that is recorded at my place and I
                suppose The Christian Post may still have
                some archives of how that played out.

                I'm just wondering if you have some current,
                up to date, testimony about your experience
                with that plan.

                What can you tell us about it, briefly?

                (27)

                From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
                Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                Time: About 6:30 AM MT

                I am not pushing the Empower Network and would
                really like to know where you saw that so I can
                delete it.

                A friend of mine tried to get me into it but when
                I saw that it was another multi-level marketing
                scheme I got out as fast as I could.

                (28)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                Time: About 7:15 AM MT

                Here's the link, but FaceBook won't post it as
                clickable, so I have inserted some spaces to try
                and get it to post.

                You'll have to take out the spaces to get the
                link to work:

                http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/blog/so-here-i-am/

                (29)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                Time: About 9:05 AM MT

                Mary,

                I hope you and others appreciate the analogy.

                I think the analogy works very well.

                You have expressed your concern about your
                Internet association with the "Empower Network".

                I have expressed my concerns about suggestions by
                some that I may have been deceptive in causing
                Kent Hovind to seek me out as a correspondent.

                We'll see how our respective efforts on those
                matters play out.

                ---------------------
                ---------------------
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 11, 2013
                  I think I am going to have to let Mary Jo LeBlanc have the last word on this exchange. She does not seem up to having an open, honest discussion of her problems and the Hovind cases.

                  http://www.facebook.com/ericmhovind
                  http://www.facebook.com/erichovind

                  http://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo

                  (30)

                  From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 4:15 PM MT

                  Well, you seem to have no problems finding a link
                  that no longer exists, so I'm sure you don't need
                  any help getting what you want.

                  (31)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 4:25 PM MT

                  Mary,

                  I just looked again and that link not only exists
                  it brings up one of your "Empower Network" pages.

                  Did you have trouble getting it to work for you?

                  Actually, Mary, you've got quite an Internet
                  presence, like me. Just a couple of nobodies that
                  the Internet makes look like somebodies.

                  Neato!

                  (32)

                  From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 6:05 PM MT

                  It would not work for me and it really shouldn't
                  work since I withdrew from that network months ago.

                  But having one post on a network page does not make
                  me a "somebody." I have several blogs too, as I'm
                  sure you've already discovered. But that doesn't
                  make me a somebody either. However, I am an adopted
                  daughter of the King of Kings. That's the only thing
                  title worth claiming.

                  (33)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 6:35 PM MT

                  Mary,

                  You are missing the main point regarding your "Empower
                  Network" webpages. You expressed some concern and that
                  you would be trying to delete them.

                  You would do well to acknowledge the propriety of my
                  similar concern regarding your "deception" claim and
                  such "deception" claims as is made by others as if I
                  was the one being deceptive in the matter of Kent
                  Hovind and his choosing me as one of his correspondents.

                  You would not want to look hypocritical about such
                  things, would you.

                  By the way, there are numerous "Empower Network"
                  webpages under your name and featuring a picture of
                  you and your husband (again I have added spaces so
                  that FaceBook would allow me to post them; you have
                  to remove the spaces to get them to work):

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/welcome/?id=maryjo78

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/vision/?id=maryjo78

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/leadership/?id=maryjo78

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/get-money/?id=maryjo78

                  http://www. empowernetwork. com/maryjo78/blog/so-here-i-am/

                  (34)

                  From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 7:30 PM MT

                  Robert: why does it matter so much to you?

                  I'm just not getting that.

                  So he contacted you by mistake.
                  Why does that matter?

                  He saw that you were interested only in exploiting
                  him and withdrew communication.

                  Seriously, you need to find something better to do!

                  You are not going to get anything out of me because
                  I know nothing, absolutely nothing about all of this.

                  I don't know how to make it any plainer.

                  And your persistence is not going to win me over to
                  your side because anyone with half a brain can see
                  what you were trying to accomplish with Dr. Hovind.

                  And even if I did have "information" or "influence"
                  I wouldn't tell you anything.

                  I love Dr. Hovind, his family, and the work that
                  he has done and is doing for the Lord. Do you really
                  need me to spell it out any further?

                  (35)

                  From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
                  Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
                  Time: About 8:00 PM MT

                  Robert: Please forgive me for accusing you of finding
                  a link that doesn't exist. I did find it this time,
                  but have NO idea how to delete it since it is part
                  of the Empower Network.

                  As you can see for yourself, I made one post and
                  there has been no activity on there for seven months.

                  Anyway, I was mistaken and accused you falsely.

                  Please forgive me.

                  And, just to clear the air, I also want to mention
                  that I never accused you of misleading Dr. Hovind.

                  I don't know who did.

                  It was just clear from the transcript that he was
                  misled.

                  Who did it?
                  I don't know.

                  But (if I remember correctly) I never said it was you.
                  If you took it that way, I am sorry. That's not how I
                  intended it to sound.