CSHF Updates Its Kent Hovind Page!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013
      (It no longer includes Kent's letter attempting to justify his tax evasion career or Jerry Bergman's analogy in defense thereof. - RLBaty)

      Wednesday, February 6, 2013
      4:40 PM MT

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/living/kent-hovind/

      Kent Hovind

      Kent Hovind, founder of Creation Science Evangelism Ministries

      Kent E. Hovind (born January 15, 1953), an American young
      earth creationist, is considered by many to be one of the
      foremost authorities on science and the Bible. The amazing
      ability of Kent Hovind to communicate complicated scientific
      concepts in an easy-to-understand format makes this essential information accessible for youth and laypersons, as well as
      science professors. The goal of his creation seminars is to
      convince listeners to reject theories of evolution, geophysics,
      and cosmology in favor of the Genesis creation narrative from
      the Bible. As of 2012, this Creation Seminar has parts translated
      via subtitling in 37 languages.

      Kent Hovind's views are contradicted by secular scientific
      journals. Some of his ideas have also been criticized by young
      earth creationists. This happens even in the general scientific community and even in certain creation organizations. Kent
      Hovind established the Creation Science Evangelism ministry in
      1989 speaking extensively on young Earth creationism at private schools, churches, debates, and on radio and television broadcasts. Since January 2007, Hovind is serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted on 58 federal counts. If you are interested
      in Kent Hovind's legal case see www.2peter3.com.

      Nick Lally, Chairman, Board of Directors, Creation Science Hall
      of Fame, says that he met Kent Hovind at his Creation Boot Camp
      in Pensacola, Florida and found him to be a dedicated Creationist
      and Christian. Nick believes that Kent is in jail out of principle and not deceit.

      Prior to the above, it included the following Jerry Bergman analogy:

      > One writer told the CSHF that
      >
      > "The main thing that Hovind went to prison
      > for was taking money out of the bank in amounts
      > slightly less than 10,000, presumably to avoid
      > bank reporting requirements, so that he could
      > pay the employees of his ministry in cash. To
      > me this is like a policeman giving a man a traffic
      > ticket for doing 54 miles an hour in a 55 MPH
      > speed zone with the claim that he was avoiding a
      > ticket by driving just under the speed limit, thus
      > got the ticket. The fact is Kent withdrew the
      > dollar amount under the amount that would trigger
      > an audit just like the man who drove 54 miles an
      > hour to avoid a traffic ticket".

      The letter from Kent Hovind that was previously posted there was as follows: