Re: Ken Miller going to jail for refusing to testify!

  • bucksburg
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "rlbaty50" wrote:
      >>Izzy may wish to have some kind of relationship with her other parent, Janet Jenkins, at some point in the future.<<

      It's interesting that you referred to Janet Jenkins as Isabella's "other parent." I'm looking at the latest edition of SS-5, the Application for a Social Security Card, effective 08-2011. Lines 9 and 10 require information on the applicant's parents: there are spaces for only two of them.

      The first parent, listed on line 9, is referred to as "Parent/Mother." The second parent, listed on line 10, is referred to as "Parent/Father.

      Now, the question arises as to whom would be listed on Isabella's SS-5. The instructions for lines 9 & 10 read:

      9.B., 10.B. If you are applying for an original Social Security card for a child under age 18, you MUST show the parents' Social Security numbers unless the parent was never assigned a Social Security number. If the number is not known and you cannot obtain it, check the "unknown" box.

      Now, we know from Lisa Miller's testimony that Janet Jenkins was not listed on Isabella's birth certificate. Therefore, in addition to Lisa Miller being listed as "Parent/Mother," the only other possibilities are that the "Parent/Father" field was either checked as "Unknown" or filled in with a Sperm Donor ID number.

      The SS-5 instructions allow it to be signed by one of the two parents, or by a legal guardian. Since there have been no Adoption Decrees issued in the case in Isabella Miller-Jenkins, this leaves me with the inescapable conclusion that, at least from the Social Security Administration's perspective, Janet Jenkins is the legal guardian of Isabella--not one of her two parents.

      Daniel B.
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
        "bucksburg" wrote, in part:

        > It's interesting that you (Robert Baty) referred
        > to Janet Jenkins as Isabella's "other parent."

        > ...this leaves me with the inescapable conclusion
        > that, at least from the Social Security Administration's
        > perspective, Janet Jenkins is the legal guardian of I
        > sabella--not one of her two parents.

        I don't know about the Social Security administration, but I think it is settled "law" that Janet Jenkins is the "other parent".

        Thanks for noticing my reference regarding the relationship between Izzy and Janet. I've used it and such references repeatedly and was wondering if anyone noticed.

        Lisa and her supporters, as I recall, do not refer to Janet in such terms.