Ken Ham again endorses my "Goliath of GRAS" claims today!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/02/05/creation-museum-biblical-authority-relevance

      A Tour of the Creation Museum: Biblical Authority and Relevance Rooms

      February 5, 2013

      (excerpts)

      One of the primary goals of both Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum is to emphasize the authority of Scripture in every area of life.

      Since the Bible is God's Word, and since He cannot lie or make mistakes, then it follows that His Word is true from beginning to end.

      ...God Himself inspired the words of Scripture and He cannot lie.

      Far more than any other book, the Bible has been the target of skeptics and critics.

      One of the greatest attacks of our day centers on the biblical teaching about the age of the earth.

      Christians need to recognize that the teaching of millions of years is actually an attack on the Word of God and an attempt to undermine its authority.

      (Almost makes it sounds like it could be
      a salvation issue to Ken Ham. - RLBaty)

      The final portion of the room shows how various people within the church have undermined the authority of God's Word by attempting to harmonize it with ideas like millions of years...

      As visitors exit this room, they are left with a somber reminder of the dangers of compromising God's Word with man's ideas.

      (Dangers; like it could be a salvation
      issue to Ken Ham! - RLBaty)

      Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist with Youth for Christ International who traveled and spoke alongside Billy Graham. But as Templeton began to accept the teachings of evolution and millions of years, he started doubting the Word of God. Eventually he walked away from the Christian faith and published a book called Farewell to God six years before his death in 2001.

      (Yep, sounds like Ken Ham is trying to make
      it out to be a salvation issue. - RLBaty)

      The Biblical Authority and Relevance Rooms give visitors a vivid description of the importance of holding to the Bible as the ultimate authority in one's life, which along with sharing the gospel is the main purpose of the Creation Museum.

      (Importance; kinda like it could be a salvation
      issue to Ken Ham. - RLBaty)

      My further comments:

      I repeat my unrebutted claims regarding Ken Ham's positions on the "Goliath of GRAS" exercise:

      Step #1:

      > Ken Ham agrees with me that the "Goliath
      > of GRAS" is so constructed that if its
      > premises are true its conclusion will
      > follow as true therefrom (i.e., it is
      > logically valid).

      Step #2:

      > Ken Ham agrees with me that the "Goliath
      > of GRAS" major premise, given the
      > stipulations and the force and effect of
      > sound, biblical, common-sense reasoning,
      > is true.

      Step #3:

      > Ken Ham agrees with me that the reason he
      > and others like him reject the truth of
      > the minor premise of the "Goliath of GRAS"
      > is because he and they "have their
      > interpretation of the Bible regarding the
      > age of stuff and that trumps any other
      > evidence and its interpretation to the
      > contrary.

      Ken's problem is not understanding the logic of the "Goliath of GRAS" exercise, though many of his supporters exhibit such problems.

      Ken gets an A + on the exercise and his example helps further illustrate my claim as to why he and others like him fail in their scientific pretensions and legal challenges.

      As Ken claims in his AiG statement of faith:

      > By definition, no apparent, perceived or
      > claimed evidence in any field, including
      > history and chronology, can be valid if
      > it contradicts (Ken Ham's interpretation of)
      > the scriptural record.

      The parenthetical is added for clarity.