Jerry Bergman joins with the CSHF in defense of Kent Hovind!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
      This just in from the Creation Science Hall of Fame!

      From: Nick Lally (Creationfacts@...)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 07:54:42 -0500

      Subject: Robert, from Creation Science Hall of Fame

      Robert,

      Read below what we placed on Kent's Induction page
      of the Creation Science Hall of Fame. It makes a lot
      of sense to me.

      Nick

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/living/kent-hovind/

      or read below:

      One writer told the CSHF that

      > "The main thing that Hovind went to prison
      > for was taking money out of the bank in amounts
      > slightly less than 10,000, presumably to avoid
      > bank reporting requirements, so that he could
      > pay the employees of his ministry in cash. To
      > me this is like a policeman giving a man a traffic
      > ticket for doing 54 miles an hour in a 55 MPH
      > speed zone with the claim that he was avoiding a
      > ticket by driving just under the speed limit, thus
      > got the ticket. The fact is Kent withdrew the
      > dollar amount under the amount that would trigger
      > an audit just like the man who drove 54 miles an
      > hour to avoid a traffic ticket".

      My comments:

      That's one of the comments Jerry Bergman, CSHF "Honorable Mention" #9 wrote to me last night in his unsolicited communications with me.

      Nick is being dishonest and quite less than transparent as he claims in posting that defense of Kent's career in criminal activity as if it were anonymous.

      Shame on Nick Lally and his merry band of accessories to Kent Hovind's criminal behavior which make up the Creation Science Hall of Fame.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
        Following are excerpts from the unsolicited
        letter from Jerry Bergman, world famous young-earth
        creation-science promoter and #9 "Honorable Mention"
        inductee in Nick Lally's Tax Cheaters Hall of Fame,
        …er, Creation Science Hall of Fame, showing where he
        authored the bogus speeding analogy:

        -----------------------

        From: Jerry Bergman
        To: Robert Baty
        Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 15:59:50 -0800

        Subject: Kent Hovind

        (excerpts)

        I have taught corrections at the college level for several years and have worked for a court, so know how corrupt the system is (I will no longer work for a court as I feel I can no longer be part of this system as an employee and have lots of horror stories including a murder of an inmate by the staff caught on film).

        I understand the main thing that Hovind went to prison for was
        taking money out of the bank in amounts slightly less than 10,000, presumably to avoid bank reporting requirements, so that he could
        pay the employees of his ministry in cash.

        To me this is like a policeman giving a man a traffic ticket for doing 54 miles an hour in a 55 MPH speed zone with the claim that
        he was avoiding a ticket by driving just under the speed limit,
        thus got the ticket.

        The fact is Kent withdrew the dollar amount under the amount that would trigger an audit just like the man who drove 54 miles an
        hour to avoid a traffic ticket.

        I am bothered by things like when Kent saw his grandson in a car while on a work crew he got thrown in solitary for this crime!

        This case seems to me to be is a classic case of Judaical malfeasance.

        I understood much better when I worked in a prison why the inmates
        do not straighten their lives around after they got out.

        Kent got 10 years and when I worked for the court we had no small number of brutal murderers get less…

        I talked to some who were there when his house was raided by the FBI (?) and was appalled to say the least, worse than a drug bust raid, and uncalled for.

        My further comments:

        One can Google Jerry and find much more about him and his own peculiar antics and history on the Internet.

        I suggested that Jerry make his appearance at Forbes instead of sending unsolicited message to me in an effort to defend the criminal activity of Kent Hovind, but he does not appear to have done so.

        Here's the link to the Forbes article giving some coverage to the Hovind case; there are also presently 4 pages of readers' comments following the article:

        http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/01/30/not-income-tax-evasion-structuring-thats-how-they-got-kent-hovind/

        From: Nick Lally (Creationfacts@...)
        To: Robert Baty
        Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 07:54:42 -0500