Wisdom from Marion Fox?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
      Following is a link to a LURlist post and an excerpt:

      > Our brethren need to repent of being "respecters of persons."

      > If a prominent brother teaches an error, we ignore it.

      > However if an obscure brother teaches the same error,
      > we mark him.

      > We need to repent of this!

      #############################

      My comments:

      HMMM! I think we can use that on my little list.

      A prominent brother (i.e. Bert Thompson, Ph.D.) has been known to
      teach error that has been ignored.

      An obscure brother (i.e. Robert Baty) has tried to teach the truth,
      and he has been "marked".

      The same can be said concerning the recent Frenzen problem created by
      Buff Scott, Jr., the alleged reformer.

      Repenters are welcome to "repent" here so as to provide an
      appropriate historical record of such developments.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2004
        --- In Maury_and_Baty Robert Baty wrote (post #3059):
        > Following is a link to a LURlist post and an excerpt:

        >> Our brethren need to repent of being "respecters of persons."
        >
        >> If a prominent brother teaches an error, we ignore it.
        >
        >> However if an obscure brother teaches the same error,
        >> we mark him.
        >
        >> We need to repent of this!
        >
        > #############################
        >
        > My comments:
        >
        > HMMM! I think we can use that on my little list.
        >
        > A prominent brother (i.e. Bert Thompson, Ph.D.) has been known to
        > teach error that has been ignored.
        >
        > An obscure brother (i.e. Robert Baty) has tried to teach the truth,
        > and he has been "marked".
        >
        > The same can be said concerning the recent Frenzen problem created
        > by Buff Scott, Jr., the alleged reformer.
        >
        > Repenters are welcome to "repent" here so as to provide an
        > appropriate historical record of such developments.

        Hi, Robert.

        And Marion Fox himself did repent (at least somewhat) of his "moon
        dust proves young earth creationism" error. Unfortunately, Marion has
        adamantly refused to repent of his "the Kuiper Belt does not exist"
        error (which corresponds to his YEC error about short-period comets),
        his "shrinking sun" error, and his "geologists do not observe that
        rocks are bent" error - among some others I could cite.

        We look forward to witnessing Marion's repentance of pushing such
        false information. Or, wait, is this another case of a preacher who
        doesn't follow his own sermon?

        Chuckling,
        Todd Greene
        http://www.creationism.cc/