This week's AP award in absentia!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2004
      Following my name below is an article from this week's Apologetics
      Press updates. I have modified the article a bit to fit subject
      indicated.

      ######################################

      http://www.apologeticspress.org/inthenews/2004/itn-04-01.htm

      AWARDED IN ABSENTIA
      (Statue of the Year)

      by

      Brad Harrub,
      Ph.D.
      (adaptations by Robert Baty)

      The problem was relatively simple.

      The Bert Thompson, Ph.D. Maury statue claim could not explain the
      results we were seeing.

      Thus, Thompsonites concluded that we must be missing a vital
      component.

      Thompsonites, noting that we have never seen or measured a bible in
      the hand of any Maury statue, concluded that it simply must be there
      because Thompson said it was.

      Our picture of the known Maury statues is now clearer than ever.
      There is no bible in the hand of any known Maury statue, and no
      statue of Maury has been found at the place Bert Thompson, Ph.D.
      alleges it exists.

      Given that we've never seen or measured Bert Thompson's Maury statue,
      he would do well to clear things up by providing a complete statement
      for the public record regarding his claim and his published claims
      indicating that he had unquestionable sources for his claim.

      The Thompson Maury statue claim entered the picture only recently,
      but it has made a huge (and much-needed) splash in the Thompsonite
      camp.

      Thus, Thompson's Maury statue is awarded the "Statue of the Year"
      award for 2004.

      Let's honor that statue that we have never even seen.

      It now looks as though the individuals (Bert Thompson, Ph.D. and the
      Thompsonites) responsible for making Bert Thompson's Maury statue
      winner of the "Statue of the Year" may wind up with egg on their
      faces. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

      The Thompsonites argument that the Bert Thompson, Ph.D. Maury statue
      might really exist and that Bert Thompson, Ph.D. had some
      unquestionable source for his claim will need to propped up by new
      data or formally, officially and publicly explained.

      But fear not. Given that no one has seen Thompson's Maury statue or
      measured it, the odds that anyone can locate it to take the award
      away from this "mysterious bible-in-the-hand statue" are even slimmer
      than the possibility that the statue actually exists in the first
      place.