Re: IRC 107 Introduced to Debate.Org!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
      From: alerts@...
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 21:22:10 -0600

      Subject: Debate.org - Debate Challenge Accepted

      Dear RLBaty,

      'FxxxxxxRationalMadman' has accepted your
      challenge to the following debate...

      Should President Obama State His Position on the
      Future of IRC 107?

      http://www.debate.org/debate/29013/

      We are waiting for FxxxxxxRationalMadman's argument.

      If your email settings allow, we will notify you
      when it's your turn to debate.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
        I'm beginning to have my doubts about the Debate.Org venue, but I'll try to bear longer with it. After getting the message below about an acceptance to the challenge, I checked the site and it said the challenge period had expired. I don't think that was the case. Perhaps a glitch; perhaps something to do with the profanity in the opposition ID. There was a feature to reinstate the challenge, and so I clicked on that and it appears the debate issue has been reinstated with no challenger being presently indicated.

        We'll see what happens with all of that.