Re: IRC 107 White House Sponsored Petition Update!

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
      Cruising right along we hit 1,300:

      Alek F
      Cleveland, OH
      January 09, 2013
      Signature # 1,300

      http://wh.gov/QQOh

      We still need a lot more help in order to reach the 25,000 goal by January 24, 2013.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 10, 2013
        And now it's own to 1,500; maybe by the end of today??

        Kayla R
        Janesville, IA
        January 10, 2013
        Signature # 1,400

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2013
          Uh, oh! Things have slowed down over the last 24 hours.

          > Patricia W
          > Fort Myers, FL
          > Time: About 4:30 PM MT
          > January 11, 2013
          > Signature # 1,500

          http://wh.gov/QQOh

          Rumor has it that Dan and Annie have been freeloading in Hawaii the last couple of weeks but are due back in Madison this weekend and will be back at work Monday.

          Maybe when they get back to their desks this issue will be on top of stuff for them to deal with and they will start rallying their troops and their troops will bring along some friends to put it over the top before January 24, 2013.

          Or, maybe they are planning to let this one pass and mount an all out effort of their own crafting after the January 24, 2013 expiration on this petition, if it expires. Maybe they already have a little different petition request crafted and 25,000 waiting signatories.

          I can take it either way, but I'd prefer to just get it over with by having 25,000 sign the petition as proposed.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013
            The petition actually blew by 1,600 while I wasn't looking. It's now up to 1,627.

            Here's 1,600:

            Megan M
            Woodside, NY
            January 12, 2013
            Signature # 1,600

            http://wh.gov/QQOh

            It's nice to see the continuing support, but the numbers need to grow a little faster if we are going to meet the 25,000 goal by January 24, 2013.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2013
              We picked up a little bit of steam, but we need more, more, more!

              Deborah B
              Gaithersburg, MD
              January 13, 2013
              Time: About 7:30 AM MT
              Signature # 1,700

              http://wh.gov/QQOh

              The deadline is January 24, 2013 for 25,000 signatures!

              -----------------
              -----------------
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 14, 2013
                Another slowdown overnight, but I've just tried to motivate PZ Myers audience to get active in promoting the petition, and it may have the effect of picking up the pace, even if only momentarily.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 14, 2013
                  A bit of a spark today after I advertised the petition on PZ Myers' blog and one of his participants posted an ad for the petition on an atheist website.

                  Ryan M
                  North Collins, NY
                  January 15, 2013
                  Time: About 11:05 PM MT