How Eric Hovind Does Business! His Tax-Evasion Gimmick?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      Just in via Eric Hovind's FaceBook page and a reference made there to:

      http://creationscience4kids.com/2013/01/07/creation-speakers-eric-hovind/

      (excerpts)

      > Creation Speakers: Eric Hovind
      >
      > (Eric) Hovind...
      >
      > At the end of the service, a
      > church leader shared how Creation
      > Today only asks churches to cover
      > travel expenses and take up a love
      > offering.

      One of the common ploys of such preachers is to claim that the "love offerings" are not income but tax-free gifts.

      Since Eric is reportedly receiving a rather modest wage from his formal corportation, per its Form 990, one must wonder if his gimmick is to NOT report his "love offerings" on the claim they are non-taxable gifts.

      As I recall, Senator Grassley's commission asked the question as to whether legislation was needed in order to make it clear that "love offerings" such as indicated above IS TAXABLE INCOME.

      There is no real doubt under the present law, but some preachers, maybe even Eric Hovind, like to claim that such are non-taxable gifts.