IRC 107 Introduced to Debate.Org!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      Some seem to think that Debate.Org is the place to fuss about things.

      So, I thought I would give it a try and so have introduced the IRC 107 issue there, not having seen it previously considered after browsing a bit.

      Here's the link:

      http://www.debate.org/debates/Should-President-Obama-State-His-Position-on-the-Future-of-IRC-107/1/

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
        From: alerts@...
        To: Robert Baty
        Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 21:22:10 -0600

        Subject: Debate.org - Debate Challenge Accepted

        Dear RLBaty,

        'FxxxxxxRationalMadman' has accepted your
        challenge to the following debate...

        Should President Obama State His Position on the
        Future of IRC 107?

        http://www.debate.org/debate/29013/

        We are waiting for FxxxxxxRationalMadman's argument.

        If your email settings allow, we will notify you
        when it's your turn to debate.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
          I'm beginning to have my doubts about the Debate.Org venue, but I'll try to bear longer with it. After getting the message below about an acceptance to the challenge, I checked the site and it said the challenge period had expired. I don't think that was the case. Perhaps a glitch; perhaps something to do with the profanity in the opposition ID. There was a feature to reinstate the challenge, and so I clicked on that and it appears the debate issue has been reinstated with no challenger being presently indicated.

          We'll see what happens with all of that.