Re: Creation Science Hall of Fame - Maury Update!

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2013
      After all this time...

      Date: Monday, January 7, 2013
      Time: 2:00 PM MT

      Link:

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

      Claim:

      "...his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy..."

      Source:

      "Men of Science, Men of God"
      by Henry M. Morris
      Copyright 1982, 1988

      My position:

      Maury's tombstone is NOT at the U.S. Naval Academy!

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 11, 2013
          Nick Lally contacted me last night (January 10, 2013) for just some cordial conversation about how things are going.

          In part, I advised him of the following, updated as of right now:

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 17, 2013
            I have been in contact with the Creation Science Hall of Fame Board of Directors regarding the public offer this morning from Forbes contributor Peter J. Reilly that supporters of the "tax protest" position contact him so that he might give consideration to publishing one or more columns on that important, public issue.

            In that context, I noted earlier that the CSHF had revised its defense of Kent Hovind by posting Kent's own defense; conspicuously omitting any references to his and his wife's personal income tax cases pending before the U.S. Tax Court.

            Considering that recent update on their website, I checked to see what, if anything, they have done about the "tombstone" claim and found the following:

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 18, 2013
              Another 36 hours goes by:

              Date: Friday, January 18, 2013
              Time: 11:00 PM MT

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 22, 2013
                The days got by and still...

                Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
                Time: 2:25 PM MT

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 30, 2013
                  Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
                  Time: 3:55 PM MT

                  http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

                  > Matthew Fontaine Maury
                  >
                  > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy...

                  Yep, after all this time Nick Lally, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Creation Science Hall of Fame, allows that simple, factual claim to remain up on his Hall of Fame website.

                  My position remains unchanged.

                  I don't think Maury's tombstone is at the U.S. Naval Academy.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 2, 2013
                    Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013
                    Time: 7:45 PM MT

                    http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

                    > Matthew Fontaine Maury
                    >
                    > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy...

                    After all this time, that allegedly false claim remains!