Re: Creation Science Hall of Fame - Maury Update!

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 5, 2013

      From: Nick Lally (Creationfacts@...)
      To: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
      CC: diatheke2@...
      CC: fwepboyd@...
      CC: joseph@...
      CC: seeevidence@...
      CC: temlakos@...
      Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013 22:01:59 -0500

      Subject: Re: Revisiting the simplest of matters
      wherein, I propose, you do err!

      Robert,

      I'm sorry, but your emails are beginning to sound
      like a lot of double talk, wandering, and beating
      a dead horse.

      For the last time, Matthew Fontaine Maury meets
      the Creation Science Hall of Fame induction criteria.

      He stays inducted because we proved to you and others
      that Maury was and is a Christian Creationist.

      Nick Lally,
      Chairman, Board of Directors
      Creation Science Hall of Fame

      (7)

      To: Nick Lally (creationfacts@...)
      From: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
      CC: diatheke2@...
      CC: fwepboyd@...
      CC: joseph@...
      CC: seeevidence@...
      CC: temlakos@...
      Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013 22:04:48 -0500

      wherein, I propose, you do err!

      Nick,

      I find it hard to believe that you believe what
      you are now accusing me of and what you claim to
      have done.

      You are welcome to your opinion, and your further
      evasions are again noted.

      You know how to contact me if you or your designated
      representative decides to be open and honest in doing
      a little problem solving regarding these important,
      simple, public issues.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2013
        Remembering how Nick Lally and I got into the "tombstone" issue which Nick appears to now be misrepresenting:

        (8) Note the date!

        To: Nick Lally (creationfacts@...)
        From: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
        CC: joestephen@...
        CC: seeevidence@...
        CC: temalakos@...
        CC: diatheke2@...
        CC: fwepboyd@...
        Date: Sunday, December 16, 2012 19:20:38 -0500

        Subject: Maybe a less emotional issue? - Maury!

        Nick,

        You and yours need to calm down a bit and maybe showing
        your stuff on a less emotional issue would help in trying
        to demonstrate your good faith; matters of fact stuff
        instead of opinions about the propriety of inducting a
        decades long tax cheater into the Hall.

        So, let me try this on you:

        Your Maury promotion has this claim:

        http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

        > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy
        > is inscribed the eighth Psalm, especially verse
        > 8: "… whatsoever passeth through the paths
        > of the seas."

        Is that true?

        If there is something at the Naval Academy with such
        an inscription; can it be a tombstone if Maury was not,
        is not buried there?

        Have you got anything other than "some preacher said so"
        to verify the claim?

        If you did any real research, you would have found that
        one of my earlier concerns was the insistence that there
        was a statue of Maury at the Academy depicting Maury with
        a Bible in one out-stretched hand.

        I never found that statue!

        So it was that that "tombstone at the Academy" caught
        my attention.

        (9) Note the date!

        To: Nick Lally (creationfacts@...)
        From: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
        CC: diatheke2@...
        CC: fwepboyd@...
        CC: joestephen@...
        CC: seeevidence@...
        CC: temlakos@...
        Date: Monday, December 17, 2012 13:28:11 -0500

        Subject: RE: Info on Mathew Fontaine Maury, from Nick

        (excerpts)

        Nick,

        On the simple stuff, however, Nick, I notice that
        you do seem to explicitly admit that you cannot
        confirm the claim made on your website about that
        Tombstone at the Naval Academy.

        I didn't think you would, and the world is watching
        to see how you deal with this simple, factual matter
        and your efforts to canonize Maury and his myth.

        (10) Note the date!

        To: Terry A. Hurlbut (temlakos@...)
        From: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
        CC: creationfacts@...
        CC: diatheke2@...
        CC: fwepboyd@...
        CC: joestephen@...
        CC: seeevidence@...
        Date: Monday, December 17, 2012 13:51:17 -0500

        (excerpts)

        Terry,

        I questioned the claim about the tombstone claimed
        to exist at the Naval Academy.

        (11) Note the date!

        From: Nick Lally (Creationfacts@...)
        To: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
        CC: diatheke2@...
        CC: fwepboyd@...
        CC: joestephen@...
        CC: seeevidence@...
        CC: temlakos@...
        Date: Monday, December 17, 2012 14:31:50 -0500

        Subject: Re: Info on Matthew Fontaine Maury, from Nick

        (excerpts)

        Robert,

        (W)e haven't secured the "first hand proof" about
        a statue and Psalm 8, but as you already know, we
        have taken our information from the late
        Dr. Henry Morris.

        (F)or now, we will rely on Henry Morris' assessment
        and keep Maury posted as is.....and please do keep
        an eye on us.

        We welcome it as we have nothing to hide.

        Robert, I wonder what you are hiding?
        Nothing escapes our God.
        He knows our hearts....including yours.

        Nick

        January 5, 2013 - My Further Comments:

        I think there is some hiding going on with regard to these matters and it's on Nick's side of the monitor!

        As "they say" so often in such cases, it's not the blunder about the CSHF promotion of the Academy tombstone that isn't there, but the apparent cover up!

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 5, 2013
          Does it get much simpler than this?

          Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013
          Time: 10:15 PM MT

          Link:

          http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

          Claim:

          > Matthew Fontaine Maury
          >
          > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy...
          >
          >> Excerpted from Men of Science, Men of God
          >> by Henry M. Morris.
          >> Copyright 1982, 1988 by Henry M. Morris.
          >> Used by permission.

          I think I have a pretty good reason for believing that that tombstone is not there and have made the owners/operators of that website aware of my concerns; more than 2 weeks ago. See archives here for extensive correspondence about that and related matters.

          The claim remains and I have been provided with no evidence that there is such a tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy.

          Make of it what you will!
          I will!

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2013
            After all this time...

            Date: Sunday, January 6, 2013
            Time: 12:30 PM MT

            Link:

            http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

            Claim:

            "...his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy..."

            Source:

            "Men of Science, Men of God"
            by Henry M. Morris
            Copyright 1982, 1988

            My position:

            Maury's tombstone is NOT at the U.S. Naval Academy!

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 7, 2013
              After all this time...

              Date: Monday, January 7, 2013
              Time: 2:00 PM MT

              Link:

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2013
                After all this time...

                Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013
                Time: 11:30 AM MT

                Link:

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 11, 2013
                  Nick Lally contacted me last night (January 10, 2013) for just some cordial conversation about how things are going.

                  In part, I advised him of the following, updated as of right now:

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 17, 2013
                    I have been in contact with the Creation Science Hall of Fame Board of Directors regarding the public offer this morning from Forbes contributor Peter J. Reilly that supporters of the "tax protest" position contact him so that he might give consideration to publishing one or more columns on that important, public issue.

                    In that context, I noted earlier that the CSHF had revised its defense of Kent Hovind by posting Kent's own defense; conspicuously omitting any references to his and his wife's personal income tax cases pending before the U.S. Tax Court.

                    Considering that recent update on their website, I checked to see what, if anything, they have done about the "tombstone" claim and found the following:

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 18, 2013
                      Another 36 hours goes by:

                      Date: Friday, January 18, 2013
                      Time: 11:00 PM MT

                      Link:

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 22, 2013
                        The days got by and still...

                        Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
                        Time: 2:25 PM MT

                        Link:

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 30, 2013
                          Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
                          Time: 3:55 PM MT

                          http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

                          > Matthew Fontaine Maury
                          >
                          > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy...

                          Yep, after all this time Nick Lally, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Creation Science Hall of Fame, allows that simple, factual claim to remain up on his Hall of Fame website.

                          My position remains unchanged.

                          I don't think Maury's tombstone is at the U.S. Naval Academy.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 2, 2013
                            Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013
                            Time: 7:45 PM MT

                            http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/deceased/matthew-fontaine-maury/

                            > Matthew Fontaine Maury
                            >
                            > On his tombstone at the U.S. Naval Academy...

                            After all this time, that allegedly false claim remains!