Re: Eric Hovind FaceBook Hoax!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2013
      Did I tell you I don't like FaceBook, and that I'm not a techno-geek when it comes to this computer stuff. Mostly I just type and it appears on a website somewhere.

      However, in trying to figure out what is up with the Eric Hovind FaceBook hoax, I came up with this.

      The following page appears to be the one Paul Taylor was talking having been removed by FaceBook:

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Hovind-Creation-Knowledge-Page

      That link brings up the following message:

      > The page you requested was not found.
      >
      > You may have clicked an expired link
      > or mistyped the address. Some web
      > addresses are case sensitive.

      However, if you search FaceBook for "Eric Hovind, Creation Knowledge Page", it gives you a link to that page as:

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Hovind-Creation-Knowledge-Page/313587615327704?ref=ts&fref=ts

      That's the hoax page, and it still comes up.

      "rlbaty50" wrote:

      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
      Creation Today wrote:

      > The link that I gave you before is the correct
      > link for Eric's "Public Figure" page. There
      > should be no confusion. I would not give you
      > an incorrect link for someone in our ministry.
      >
      > There is no other "public figure" page for Eric
      > that is legitimate.
      >
      > Following our complaint, I note that Facebook
      > has now removed the page that you referenced
      > in your previous email.

      I will leave it to Eric Hovind to deal with any continuing FaceBook page issues.

      As for me, contrary to the above, and continuing my confusion, it appears the
      FaceBook hoax page I earlier referenced still comes up when I search for it and
      click on the following link:

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Hovind-Creation-Knowledge-Page/31358761532770\
      4?ref=ts&fref=ts

      Maybe it will disappear later.

      I'll try to check back from time to time and see if it is still there.