White House Sponsored Petition for the Repeal of IRC 107!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
      There has been a spike in the signers on the IRC 107 White House sponsored petition. We just might make the magic 150 milestone today.

      Direct Link: http://wh.gov/QQOh

      Text:

      We petition the obama administration to:

      propose that Congress act to repeal Internal
      Revenue Code Section 107 that allows "ministers"
      income tax free income.

      Explanation:

      Internal Revenue Code section 107 allows ONLY "ministers"
      to receive unlimited amounts of income tax free income as
      long as it is spent on housing.

      The IRS has extended the benefits to employees of many
      private, non-church organizations such as the basketball
      coach at Pepperdine University.

      Many tax and legal scholars have written and spoken on
      the issue of its obvious UNconstitutionality, but there
      has been no political will to repeal the law or modify
      it to curb abuses and make it constitutional.

      Only in recent years has judicial effort been made to
      have the law ruled UNconstitutional, but that litigation
      could take many more years when Congress and the
      President could resolve the issue quickly.

      The President should take a leadership role in proposing
      that the law be repealed.
      Created: Dec 25, 2012

      Signatures needed by January 24, 2013 to reach goal of 25,000

      > 24,856

      Total signatures on this petition

      ---------------------------------------
      ---------------------------------------
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
        UPDATE:

        Petition Begun: December 25, 2012
        Signatures Needed by January 24, 2013: 25,000
        (150 Needed to Make Petition Searchable)

        1st Signature:

        > Robert Baty
        > December 25, 2012

        150th Signature:

        > Cody N.
        > January 3, 2013

        25,000th Signature:

        > ???
        > ???

        We still need to get to the 25,000 by January 24, 2013; which will require some exponential growth in the numbers.

        Here's that direct link to the petition:

        > http://wh.gov/QQOh

        Current Signature Total: 152

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
          The total number of signers has already jumped to 156 and it is now headlined on the searchable White House petitions website at:

          https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

          Then there is still the direct link to the petition at:

          http://wh.gov/QQOh

          "rlbaty50" wrote:

          UPDATE:

          Petition Begun: December 25, 2012
          Signatures Needed by January 24, 2013: 25,000
          (150 Needed to Make Petition Searchable)

          1st Signature:

          > Robert Baty
          > December 25, 2012

          150th Signature:

          > Cody N.
          > January 3, 2013

          25,000th Signature:

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2013
            CURRENT TOTAL SIGNATURES: 347

            The numbers are steadily moving up now that we've passed the 150 magic mark and the petition has become "public" and "searchable".

            Check out #313 from Madison, WI.

            I think that is Patrick Elliott, one of the staff attorneys at the FFRF.

            Maybe the FFRF will now start mobilizing its 19,000 members.

            With its help and all the help from others (there's probably millions out there who recognize the legitimacy of getting rid of the use and abuse of IRC 107) we should easily reach 25,000.

            I'm a little anxious to get there.

            Maybe we could have a contest to see what "celebrtiy" could take the #25,000 slot.

            I think Annie Gaylor would be a good pick.
            Erwin Chemerinsky?
            Rick Warren?

            Anyone else here, besides me, admit to signing the petition?
            Promoting the petition?

            I've done my small part, promoting it whereever I could think to do so. It's now taking on a life of its own, and I am still hopeful that it will hit the 25,000 mark by the deadline.

            Direct link to petition:

            http://wh.gov/QQOh

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2013
              An interesting addition to the petition:

              > Nancy W
              > Sandy Hook, CT
              > January 04, 2013
              > Signature # 426

              Direct link to petition:

              http://wh.gov/QQOh

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2013
                Ta Da!
                Another Milestone!

                > Michael K
                > San Diego, CA
                > January 04, 2013
                > Signature # 500

                Direct Link: http://wh.gov/QQOh

                First 9 days: About 150 signatures
                10th day: About 350 signatures

                If the trend continues, we might well reach the 25,000 goal by the deadline of January 24, 2013.

                Keep up the good work.
                You are working on promoting this, aren't you.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2013
                  Direct Link: http://wh.gov/QQOh

                  Text:

                  We petition the obama administration to:

                  propose that Congress act to repeal Internal
                  Revenue Code Section 107 that allows "ministers"
                  income tax free income.

                  (Go to link for explanation following the above!)

                  Milestones:

                  (1) It Begins:

                  > Creator
                  > Robert B
                  > Fort Collins, CO
                  > December 25, 2012
                  > Signature # 1

                  (2) Going "public"/"searchable":

                  > Cody Norris
                  > Long Beach, CA
                  > January 03, 2013
                  > Signature # 150

                  (3) FFRF Support:

                  > Patrick Elliott
                  > Madison, WI
                  > January 04, 2013
                  > Signature # 313

                  (4) Latest Support:

                  > Daniel D
                  > Ocean View, NJ
                  > January 05, 2013
                  > Signature # 605

                  If there are any other supporters that you think are worthy of special notice (and I do appreciate the support of all of them), feel free to add their information to the list.