Re: Will there be a White House petition on behalf of Kent Hovind?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013

      From: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
      To: Nick Lally (creationfacts@...)
      CC: diatheke2@...
      CC: fwepboyd@...
      CC: joseph@...
      CC: seeevidence@...
      CC: temlakos@...
      Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:10:56 -0500

      Subject: RE: In conjunction with your induction of Kent Hovind; a suggestion!

      Nick,

      There is no contradiction between the two petitions
      mentioned.

      I think IRC 107 is UNconstitutional.

      I have no problem in asking the Obama administration
      to consider Hovind's case.

      If there were a successful opinion (25,000 + signatures),
      I don't think Obama would be pardoning/releasing Hovind
      and the public address of the issue would help, I think,
      the public awareness of the issues involved.

      While there could be some reservations about the specific
      language, I think both sides could even sign my petition
      and look forward to Obama publicly letting us know if he
      wants to defend IRC 107, move towards repeal and/or
      support the FFRF challenge.

      I haven't seen where Hovind's FaceBook folks have responded
      to my suggestion.

      Are you considering setting up a petition for Hovind?

      (1)

      From: Nick Lally (Creationfacts@...)
      To: Robert Baty (rlbaty@...)
      CC: diatheke2@...
      CC: fwepboyd@...
      CC: joseph@...
      CC: seeevidence@...
      CC: temlakos@...
      Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:49:20 -0500

      Dear Robert,

      Nick Lally here from the Creation Science Hall of Fame.

      I was surprised to get your email about Dr. Kent Hovind.

      I am not sure of your agenda. Your objectives in the past
      and now are diametrically opposed:

      You started a petition to get Clergy paying housing taxes,
      but now you are in favor in getting President Obama to
      re-examine Dr. Hovind's case by attempting to start a
      petition.

      Please let me you know you true agenda.

      In the past I have tried to get a petition going under
      President Bush, but unfortunately, I was told by those
      close to Kent that something else was in the process,
      so I stopped my efforts.

      Look forward to hearing from you.

      Happy New Year in Christ,

      Nick Lally,
      Chairman, Board of Directors,
      Creation Science Hall of Fame

      In a message dated 12/31/2012 1:20:34 P.M.
      Eastern Standard Time, rlbaty@... writes:

      > Nick,
      >
      > Peter J. Reilly at Forbes has a new article
      > out today that mostly deals with the Obama
      > White House feature of petitioning him and
      > his administration for action.
      >
      > As you know, I started a petition recently.
      >
      > I just advised Kent's followers via his
      > FaceBook page that they should get up a
      > petition to have Obama consider Kent's case.
      >
      > Here's Kent's FaceBook page address:
      >
      > http://www.facebook.com/drkenthovind?ref=ts&fref=ts
      >
      > I would certainly consider signing a petition
      > asking Obama to consider Kent's case.
      >
      > If they don't start the petition, you should.
      >
      > If they don't, and you don't, I just might!
      >
      > Here's the link to Peter's Forbes article:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/12/31/westboro-baptist-church-pier\
      s-morgan-death-star-high-on-we-the-people-taxes-not-so-much/