Re: Robert's loneliness

  • emilyseyes795
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
      Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still one
      constant.... :-)

      Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
      pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
      gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!

      Have you heard any Nessie news lately?
      em :-)
      I don't have any "intimate friends" to keep me advised of
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Emily wrote (post #3042):
        > Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still
        > one constant.... :-)
        >
        > Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
        > pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
        > gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!
        [snip]

        Hi, Emily.

        Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
        purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
        wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
        power to do so. And that's a shame.

        Regards,
        Todd Greene
        http://www.creationism.cc/
      • Nelta Brock
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
          Hi Todd,

          I know that what I am going to say will mean nothing to you since it
          has been said before. I have 5 Bible discussion list "with which I
          have to do." When you were on GAF everything was fine until the
          people started complaining that they joined that list to discuss the
          Bible, not to have to deal with an atheist. People were leaving the
          list and some were setting nomail until you left. So that takes care
          of why YOU were removed.

          Now, Robert is a different matter. He has been taken off all my lists
          that he was on because he harasses the members. Buff is not the only
          one he has harassed. Anyone who responds to him is in big trouble
          because he won't let them go. Some don't know that and will respond
          to something he writes. (He also ridicules me on his list and when
          that happens said person is not allowed on mine. That is simply the
          way the cookie crumbles.)

          I'll say this again. I am not on Buff's side about anything. I don't
          know what is on his web site and I don't give a _________(fill that
          in.) Some of Buff's stuff is rejected from our lists until he cleans
          up his remarks about others. All I agree with Buff on is the
          wrongness of the institution of religion that has engulfed God's
          family. He has come out of said institution and no longer follows the
          traditions that came from Rome and have been absorbed by the Church of
          Christ. No one has been removed from my lists for disagreeing with
          Buff. He is treated just as everyone else is. When he discusses the
          Bible in a respectful way, he can post to certain lists I have set up.
          If he does not, his posts are rejected. Yes, he is now on moderated
          posts.

          Thanks, Emily, for your kind words.

          Love to all,

          Nelta

          > Hi, Emily.
          >
          > Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
          > purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
          > wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
          > power to do so. And that's a shame.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Todd Greene

          http://www.hal-pc.org/~prime/
          Bible Discussion lists:
          Psalms_Proverbs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Old_Textament_Prophesies@yahoogroups.com
          1stCen-Christianity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          GospelAdvocatingForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 11, 2004
            Hi, Nelta.

            I don't apologize for stating the truth.

            I started to reply to you, and then I realized I'd already pointed
            out everything wrong about what you've done in regard to this
            matter...

            Hi, Nelta.

            This is what it says on the "GospelAdvocatingForum" home page:

            | This list is not limited to Church of Christ
            | members, but is open to EVERYONE who has a desire
            | to discuss the scriptures with others.

            You need to remove that from your home page since it is a lie.

            I discuss issues related to what *members of the Church of Christ
            themselves* teach about scripture. I purposely do not discuss atheism
            in your group.

            You caved in to naked prejudice. And the fact is, I've been a member
            of your group for a long time. The reason you were getting complaints
            recently was because *I was telling the truth* about a Christian was
            got caught lying, and people didn't want to hear this truth because
            the context happened to be that it was an atheist who had done the
            catching. They knew they had no basis on which to criticize what I
            was pointing out (since I was pointing out *the truth*), so they did
            the next best thing which was appeal to prejudice.

            Incidentally, I just took a look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon web
            page (at 11/27/03 4:16 AM EST), and I see that the man is *still*
            lying about the National Geographic article. So I note here that you
            kick truth-telling atheists off of your list, but you allow blatantly
            lying Christians to stay on without saying one word on the matter.
            That *is* what is called a cover-up.

            Good show.

            --------------------------------

            In post #2920 Nelta Brock wrote, "if you 'stalk' Buff you will have
            to go back on."

            Translation: "I am covering up for Buff's lying. So if you point out
            where Buff has purposely continued to lie to everyone I'm going to
            silence you where I have the power to do so."

            --------------------------------

            The fact remains that I was booted from Nelta's list for telling the
            truth. A number of people didn't like the fact that it happened to be
            an atheist who was telling the truth (this is the naked prejudice),
            in criticism of a Church Of Christ member who got caught lying. Some
            people can't handle the truth. So what else is new?

            Incidentally, I'd guess that at least 200 people have left my
            own "creationism" discussion group over the last 4 years. (And no one
            is *ever* banned from that group.) So what?

            What I can't get over is the fact the no one - not one single person -
            disputes *the fact* that Buff is lying about the National Geographic
            article on his website, yet I'm the "trouble-making atheist" for
            pointing out the truth that (1) Buff is misrepresenting the quote,
            and (2) now that Buff has been made explicitly aware of the fact that
            he has misrepresented the quote, he has *purposely chosen to
            continue* to misrepresent it which is how we know he is now lying.
            People can cry and moan about "trouble-making atheists" all they want
            and it isn't going to change the truth one little bit.

            Of course, I'm fairly sure that telling the truth about what Buff
            Scott did and telling the truth about you covering up for him will
            mean nothing to you. Prejudice and defense of prejudice doesn't
            really care about the truth.

            I did notice how you removed the statement I quoted above from the
            home page of the "GospelAdvocatingForum" in response to my pointing
            out that what it said was a lie. (Yet again, we see that you caved in
            to prejudice instead of following the original policy of your own
            discussion group.) Anyone who was complaining about having to deal
            with an atheist was indeed demonstrating his or her own sheer
            prejudice since I did not discuss atheism in your discussion group. I
            discussed specific issues of relevance to Christians in the group
            with respect to the general subject of creationism, and in the most
            recent case I happened to be dealing with the demonstrably false
            claims of a certain Buff Scott, Jr. Nelta, you haven't said one
            single thing that changes the fact that the man got caught lying and
            the fact that you then acted to cover up for Buff on the basis of
            prejudice and prejudice alone. As long as you continue to try to
            justify this shameful approach, I will continue to point out the
            shame of it.

            Incidentally, I just took another look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon
            web page (1/11/03 6:55 AM EST), and - yes - Buff is still lying about
            Peter Frenzen. (And, Nelta, we've only pointed this out to you at
            least 10 times - no exaggeration - so I hardly believe you when you
            claim that you really don't have any idea what we're talking about.)
            I think it's pretty decent that the Google search engine has already
            picked up my own web page that explains how Buff is lying about this
            when you enter the terms "Buff Scott" and "Grand Canyon" (search
            result #3 "YEC Nonsense on the Grand Canyon"). I love the internet!

            Sincerely,
            Todd Greene
            http://www.creationism.cc/