Re: The CFTF list! :o)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
      I had written:

      > Hey, if anybody out there wants to
      > make like my "intimate friend", could
      > you please join the CFTF list and just
      > try to find out which of their 168 or so
      > members has come up with the official,
      > for the record, report on where Bert
      > Thompson, Ph.D. got his Maury statue
      > claim.

      A person from another list has written me privately and asked,
      expressing an interest in this historically significant issue:

      > Have you had any takers on this request?

      > I too would like to know, and would
      > appreciate it if you would share the
      > information when/if you find out.

      No doubt, there must be many, many, many people out there waiting for
      some accountability from the likes of Bert & Brad & Buff on such
      matters. If only more of them would speak up and document their own
      efforts in contacting these folks for some official, for the record,

      Yes, if I do find out, I will share the information.

    • emilyseyes795
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
        Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still one
        constant.... :-)

        Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
        pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
        gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!

        Have you heard any Nessie news lately?
        em :-)
        I don't have any "intimate friends" to keep me advised of
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
          --- In Maury_and_Baty, Emily wrote (post #3042):
          > Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still
          > one constant.... :-)
          >
          > Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
          > pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
          > gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!
          [snip]

          Hi, Emily.

          Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
          purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
          wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
          power to do so. And that's a shame.

          Regards,
          Todd Greene
          http://www.creationism.cc/
        • Nelta Brock
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
            Hi Todd,

            I know that what I am going to say will mean nothing to you since it
            has been said before. I have 5 Bible discussion list "with which I
            have to do." When you were on GAF everything was fine until the
            people started complaining that they joined that list to discuss the
            Bible, not to have to deal with an atheist. People were leaving the
            list and some were setting nomail until you left. So that takes care
            of why YOU were removed.

            Now, Robert is a different matter. He has been taken off all my lists
            that he was on because he harasses the members. Buff is not the only
            one he has harassed. Anyone who responds to him is in big trouble
            because he won't let them go. Some don't know that and will respond
            to something he writes. (He also ridicules me on his list and when
            that happens said person is not allowed on mine. That is simply the
            way the cookie crumbles.)

            I'll say this again. I am not on Buff's side about anything. I don't
            know what is on his web site and I don't give a _________(fill that
            in.) Some of Buff's stuff is rejected from our lists until he cleans
            up his remarks about others. All I agree with Buff on is the
            wrongness of the institution of religion that has engulfed God's
            family. He has come out of said institution and no longer follows the
            traditions that came from Rome and have been absorbed by the Church of
            Christ. No one has been removed from my lists for disagreeing with
            Buff. He is treated just as everyone else is. When he discusses the
            Bible in a respectful way, he can post to certain lists I have set up.
            If he does not, his posts are rejected. Yes, he is now on moderated
            posts.

            Thanks, Emily, for your kind words.

            Love to all,

            Nelta

            > Hi, Emily.
            >
            > Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
            > purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
            > wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
            > power to do so. And that's a shame.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Todd Greene

            http://www.hal-pc.org/~prime/
            Bible Discussion lists:
            Psalms_Proverbs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            Old_Textament_Prophesies@yahoogroups.com
            1stCen-Christianity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            GospelAdvocatingForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2004
              Hi, Nelta.

              I don't apologize for stating the truth.

              I started to reply to you, and then I realized I'd already pointed
              out everything wrong about what you've done in regard to this
              matter...

              Hi, Nelta.

              This is what it says on the "GospelAdvocatingForum" home page:

              | This list is not limited to Church of Christ
              | members, but is open to EVERYONE who has a desire
              | to discuss the scriptures with others.

              You need to remove that from your home page since it is a lie.

              I discuss issues related to what *members of the Church of Christ
              themselves* teach about scripture. I purposely do not discuss atheism
              in your group.

              You caved in to naked prejudice. And the fact is, I've been a member
              of your group for a long time. The reason you were getting complaints
              recently was because *I was telling the truth* about a Christian was
              got caught lying, and people didn't want to hear this truth because
              the context happened to be that it was an atheist who had done the
              catching. They knew they had no basis on which to criticize what I
              was pointing out (since I was pointing out *the truth*), so they did
              the next best thing which was appeal to prejudice.

              Incidentally, I just took a look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon web
              page (at 11/27/03 4:16 AM EST), and I see that the man is *still*
              lying about the National Geographic article. So I note here that you
              kick truth-telling atheists off of your list, but you allow blatantly
              lying Christians to stay on without saying one word on the matter.
              That *is* what is called a cover-up.

              Good show.

              --------------------------------

              In post #2920 Nelta Brock wrote, "if you 'stalk' Buff you will have
              to go back on."

              Translation: "I am covering up for Buff's lying. So if you point out
              where Buff has purposely continued to lie to everyone I'm going to
              silence you where I have the power to do so."

              --------------------------------

              The fact remains that I was booted from Nelta's list for telling the
              truth. A number of people didn't like the fact that it happened to be
              an atheist who was telling the truth (this is the naked prejudice),
              in criticism of a Church Of Christ member who got caught lying. Some
              people can't handle the truth. So what else is new?

              Incidentally, I'd guess that at least 200 people have left my
              own "creationism" discussion group over the last 4 years. (And no one
              is *ever* banned from that group.) So what?

              What I can't get over is the fact the no one - not one single person -
              disputes *the fact* that Buff is lying about the National Geographic
              article on his website, yet I'm the "trouble-making atheist" for
              pointing out the truth that (1) Buff is misrepresenting the quote,
              and (2) now that Buff has been made explicitly aware of the fact that
              he has misrepresented the quote, he has *purposely chosen to
              continue* to misrepresent it which is how we know he is now lying.
              People can cry and moan about "trouble-making atheists" all they want
              and it isn't going to change the truth one little bit.

              Of course, I'm fairly sure that telling the truth about what Buff
              Scott did and telling the truth about you covering up for him will
              mean nothing to you. Prejudice and defense of prejudice doesn't
              really care about the truth.

              I did notice how you removed the statement I quoted above from the
              home page of the "GospelAdvocatingForum" in response to my pointing
              out that what it said was a lie. (Yet again, we see that you caved in
              to prejudice instead of following the original policy of your own
              discussion group.) Anyone who was complaining about having to deal
              with an atheist was indeed demonstrating his or her own sheer
              prejudice since I did not discuss atheism in your discussion group. I
              discussed specific issues of relevance to Christians in the group
              with respect to the general subject of creationism, and in the most
              recent case I happened to be dealing with the demonstrably false
              claims of a certain Buff Scott, Jr. Nelta, you haven't said one
              single thing that changes the fact that the man got caught lying and
              the fact that you then acted to cover up for Buff on the basis of
              prejudice and prejudice alone. As long as you continue to try to
              justify this shameful approach, I will continue to point out the
              shame of it.

              Incidentally, I just took another look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon
              web page (1/11/03 6:55 AM EST), and - yes - Buff is still lying about
              Peter Frenzen. (And, Nelta, we've only pointed this out to you at
              least 10 times - no exaggeration - so I hardly believe you when you
              claim that you really don't have any idea what we're talking about.)
              I think it's pretty decent that the Google search engine has already
              picked up my own web page that explains how Buff is lying about this
              when you enter the terms "Buff Scott" and "Grand Canyon" (search
              result #3 "YEC Nonsense on the Grand Canyon"). I love the internet!

              Sincerely,
              Todd Greene
              http://www.creationism.cc/