Buff still likes me!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      I guess. At least I'm still on his mailing list. Following my name
      below are some excerpts.

      Please note that Buff alleges an admission of his need for improvement.
      Our recent experience with Buff indicates that he is not really all that
      interested in the help available for him to improve concerning Frenzen
      problem.

      Otherwise, I think you will notice how what Buff writes about his
      opposition is equally applicable to Buff himself regarding his own
      errors, particularly the recently identified Frenzen problem of Buff's.

      ########################

      From: Buff, The (alleged) Reformer
      Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 12:31pm

      Subject: Reformation Rumblings, Jan. 2, 2004

      Reformation Rumblings
      BUFF SCOTT, JR.
      _________________________

      Questions For Today

      Q.  "Buff,  what is it you don't understand
      about. . .—John.<>

      A.  A few other. . ., like brother John, disagreed with my first
      analysis. . .

      I have researched this subject since. . . ,
      dressed it up with a lot of fancy. . . and . . . , and presented it to
      the non-instrumental music Church of Christ "brotherhood."

      The doctrine has attached itself to only a small segment of believers,
      but more and more seem to be embracing the ideology associated with the
      movement, including a few bright minds among us.

      Many of the . . . I have "engaged in combat" affirm that those of
      us who oppose their conception of . . . lack spiritual discernment.

      They say their challengers "cannot understand them, because they are
      spiritually discerned"  (1 Cor. 2:14).  Only this week, I
      received the following note from brother Ron McRay, who writes for
      NewJerusalemites@yahoogroups.com .

      He says:

      > You are not . . . discerning them,
      > and that is the reason you are twisting
      > the scriptures."

      My illumination is in need of improvement, yes, and always will be,
      but even the most common and unenlightened believer can read . . . and
      consistently conclude that . . . And that is because . . .

      There is no practical way to escape the ultimate.  Peter writes
      about . . . in all of these sentences.  If this is the way the
      original recipients understood him, and apparently it was, why should we
      even think he was writing figuratively, or any other way, except in the
      natural format?

      Forgive me if I sound rude, but it would take a radical twisting and a
      drastic turning of Peter's remarks to make him sound anything but
      natural.   Yet, for . . . to bolster their claim that . . ., they
      are compelled to . . .It won't float, my brothers.

      I guess what I'm trying to establish is that if one paramount portion
      of scripture employed by . . . is found to be misused, misapplied, or
      distorted, their entire foundation collapses.

      I think we have established that fact.