The CFTF list! :o)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Commenting on the continuing Sisman-get-the-Brits drama, D. Gene West
      wrote to the Sons_of_Demas list, in part:

      > Brian's proposal was about the only
      > fair and sane thing that passed on
      > CFTF list for several hours. I do not
      > know why I was moderated, but don't
      > really care. He can throw me off if he
      > likes. I have so many intimate friends
      > on his list that he can't live long enough
      > to throw them all off, and more are joining
      > every few days.

      I wonder if it isn't a preacher thing. They all get to play those games
      while someone like me gets sent to the locker room and can't even watch
      the game. I don't have any "intimate friends" to keep me advised of
      what the good brethren are up to!

      When I try to join the CFTF, I get this message:

      > You have been banned from this group
      > by the group moderator. You may not
      > join this group CFTF.

      Hey, if anybody out there wants to make like my "intimate friend", could
      you please join the CFTF list and just try to find out which of their
      168 or so members has come up with the official, for the record, report
      on where Bert Thompson, Ph.D. go his Maury statue claim.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
        I had written:

        > Hey, if anybody out there wants to
        > make like my "intimate friend", could
        > you please join the CFTF list and just
        > try to find out which of their 168 or so
        > members has come up with the official,
        > for the record, report on where Bert
        > Thompson, Ph.D. got his Maury statue
        > claim.

        A person from another list has written me privately and asked,
        expressing an interest in this historically significant issue:

        > Have you had any takers on this request?

        > I too would like to know, and would
        > appreciate it if you would share the
        > information when/if you find out.

        No doubt, there must be many, many, many people out there waiting for
        some accountability from the likes of Bert & Brad & Buff on such
        matters. If only more of them would speak up and document their own
        efforts in contacting these folks for some official, for the record,

        Yes, if I do find out, I will share the information.

      • emilyseyes795
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
          Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still one
          constant.... :-)

          Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
          pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
          gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!

          Have you heard any Nessie news lately?
          em :-)
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
            --- In Maury_and_Baty, Emily wrote (post #3042):
            > Robert, it's nice to know that in this crazy world there is still
            > one constant.... :-)
            >
            > Hey...why are you picking on my big sister Nelta? I think she's
            > pretty cool. I don't agree with her on some things...but hey...you
            > gotta admit that she is one fiery lady!
            [snip]

            Hi, Emily.

            Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
            purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
            wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
            power to do so. And that's a shame.

            Regards,
            Todd Greene
            http://www.creationism.cc/
          • Nelta Brock
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
              Hi Todd,

              I know that what I am going to say will mean nothing to you since it
              has been said before. I have 5 Bible discussion list "with which I
              have to do." When you were on GAF everything was fine until the
              people started complaining that they joined that list to discuss the
              Bible, not to have to deal with an atheist. People were leaving the
              list and some were setting nomail until you left. So that takes care
              of why YOU were removed.

              Now, Robert is a different matter. He has been taken off all my lists
              that he was on because he harasses the members. Buff is not the only
              one he has harassed. Anyone who responds to him is in big trouble
              because he won't let them go. Some don't know that and will respond
              to something he writes. (He also ridicules me on his list and when
              that happens said person is not allowed on mine. That is simply the
              way the cookie crumbles.)

              I'll say this again. I am not on Buff's side about anything. I don't
              know what is on his web site and I don't give a _________(fill that
              in.) Some of Buff's stuff is rejected from our lists until he cleans
              up his remarks about others. All I agree with Buff on is the
              wrongness of the institution of religion that has engulfed God's
              family. He has come out of said institution and no longer follows the
              traditions that came from Rome and have been absorbed by the Church of
              Christ. No one has been removed from my lists for disagreeing with
              Buff. He is treated just as everyone else is. When he discusses the
              Bible in a respectful way, he can post to certain lists I have set up.
              If he does not, his posts are rejected. Yes, he is now on moderated
              posts.

              Thanks, Emily, for your kind words.

              Love to all,

              Nelta

              > Hi, Emily.
              >
              > Cool or not, fiery or not, the fact remains that Nelta Brock
              > purposely acted to support Buff in advocating what he knows to be
              > wrong by banning criticism of Buff's lies as much as it is in her
              > power to do so. And that's a shame.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Todd Greene

              http://www.hal-pc.org/~prime/
              Bible Discussion lists:
              Psalms_Proverbs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              Old_Textament_Prophesies@yahoogroups.com
              1stCen-Christianity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              GospelAdvocatingForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2004
                Hi, Nelta.

                I don't apologize for stating the truth.

                I started to reply to you, and then I realized I'd already pointed
                out everything wrong about what you've done in regard to this
                matter...

                Hi, Nelta.

                This is what it says on the "GospelAdvocatingForum" home page:

                | This list is not limited to Church of Christ
                | members, but is open to EVERYONE who has a desire
                | to discuss the scriptures with others.

                You need to remove that from your home page since it is a lie.

                I discuss issues related to what *members of the Church of Christ
                themselves* teach about scripture. I purposely do not discuss atheism
                in your group.

                You caved in to naked prejudice. And the fact is, I've been a member
                of your group for a long time. The reason you were getting complaints
                recently was because *I was telling the truth* about a Christian was
                got caught lying, and people didn't want to hear this truth because
                the context happened to be that it was an atheist who had done the
                catching. They knew they had no basis on which to criticize what I
                was pointing out (since I was pointing out *the truth*), so they did
                the next best thing which was appeal to prejudice.

                Incidentally, I just took a look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon web
                page (at 11/27/03 4:16 AM EST), and I see that the man is *still*
                lying about the National Geographic article. So I note here that you
                kick truth-telling atheists off of your list, but you allow blatantly
                lying Christians to stay on without saying one word on the matter.
                That *is* what is called a cover-up.

                Good show.

                --------------------------------

                In post #2920 Nelta Brock wrote, "if you 'stalk' Buff you will have
                to go back on."

                Translation: "I am covering up for Buff's lying. So if you point out
                where Buff has purposely continued to lie to everyone I'm going to
                silence you where I have the power to do so."

                --------------------------------

                The fact remains that I was booted from Nelta's list for telling the
                truth. A number of people didn't like the fact that it happened to be
                an atheist who was telling the truth (this is the naked prejudice),
                in criticism of a Church Of Christ member who got caught lying. Some
                people can't handle the truth. So what else is new?

                Incidentally, I'd guess that at least 200 people have left my
                own "creationism" discussion group over the last 4 years. (And no one
                is *ever* banned from that group.) So what?

                What I can't get over is the fact the no one - not one single person -
                disputes *the fact* that Buff is lying about the National Geographic
                article on his website, yet I'm the "trouble-making atheist" for
                pointing out the truth that (1) Buff is misrepresenting the quote,
                and (2) now that Buff has been made explicitly aware of the fact that
                he has misrepresented the quote, he has *purposely chosen to
                continue* to misrepresent it which is how we know he is now lying.
                People can cry and moan about "trouble-making atheists" all they want
                and it isn't going to change the truth one little bit.

                Of course, I'm fairly sure that telling the truth about what Buff
                Scott did and telling the truth about you covering up for him will
                mean nothing to you. Prejudice and defense of prejudice doesn't
                really care about the truth.

                I did notice how you removed the statement I quoted above from the
                home page of the "GospelAdvocatingForum" in response to my pointing
                out that what it said was a lie. (Yet again, we see that you caved in
                to prejudice instead of following the original policy of your own
                discussion group.) Anyone who was complaining about having to deal
                with an atheist was indeed demonstrating his or her own sheer
                prejudice since I did not discuss atheism in your discussion group. I
                discussed specific issues of relevance to Christians in the group
                with respect to the general subject of creationism, and in the most
                recent case I happened to be dealing with the demonstrably false
                claims of a certain Buff Scott, Jr. Nelta, you haven't said one
                single thing that changes the fact that the man got caught lying and
                the fact that you then acted to cover up for Buff on the basis of
                prejudice and prejudice alone. As long as you continue to try to
                justify this shameful approach, I will continue to point out the
                shame of it.

                Incidentally, I just took another look at Buff Scott's Grand Canyon
                web page (1/11/03 6:55 AM EST), and - yes - Buff is still lying about
                Peter Frenzen. (And, Nelta, we've only pointed this out to you at
                least 10 times - no exaggeration - so I hardly believe you when you
                claim that you really don't have any idea what we're talking about.)
                I think it's pretty decent that the Google search engine has already
                picked up my own web page that explains how Buff is lying about this
                when you enter the terms "Buff Scott" and "Grand Canyon" (search
                result #3 "YEC Nonsense on the Grand Canyon"). I love the internet!

                Sincerely,
                Todd Greene
                http://www.creationism.cc/