Re: About those alleged concerns from one of our readers!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2012
      A little hypocrisy from the critic trying to get me to manipulate the archives here?

      I'll report; you decide!

      I just noticed, as one example, that as recent as October 2012, the person complaining to me posted three messages to a publicly archived YAHOO! discussion list and the subject addressed was a person named who is not a member of that list. I suspect a more thorough investigation would reveal that that person has also cross-posted at times.

      Interestingly, the person my critic was attacking was Dr. Brad Harrub, formerly of Apologetics Press and now having his own publishing company with the same specialty. Brad has been a subject on this list as well.

      The messages there posted by my critic carried both the YAHOO! ID as well as the personal name.

      "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      (The following should be self-explanatory. - RLBaty)

      To: Xxxxx Xxxxx
      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
      Time: About 9:00 AM MT

      Subject: Give 'em an inch...

      I have, without success, tried to establish the
      legitimacy of the recently alleged "concerns"
      over the operations and archives of the Maury_and_Baty
      YAHOO! discussion list.

      I did a Google search on "Xxxxx Xxxxx" and found over
      1,000,000 references and an indication that there are
      more than 8,000 people named "Xxxxx Xxxxx".

      Further, it is quite common in YAHOO! and other venues
      to mention people who are not involved in the conversation.
      Whether it is flattering or related to cross-posting is
      not relevant to my continued consideration of the matter.

      A Google search of "XxxxxXxxxx" turns up over 87,000
      references; many of which are to one or more other YAHOO!
      groups that are public and in which "Xxxxx Xxxxx" has
      posted messages.

      I don't know what is going on on the other end, but I
      think I have done enough, if not too much, to try and
      oblige an allegedly concerned reader.

      Since the matter appears to involve important, public
      issues, I ask that any further pursuit of the matter
      be conducted via the Maury_and_Baty YAHOO! discussion
      list where a copy of this message will be posted (without
      the personal references).

      From: xxxxxxxxxx@...
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 22:36:49 -0800

      Subject: Mission Accomplished? I don't think so

      It doesn't flatter you to talk about people by name
      and cross post messages from other groups which reveal
      the names of non-members.

      Other messages of concern are:

      XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX,
      XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX