Re: [M & B] Stone-Campbell History and Evolution: today's critic!

  • Ray Ausban
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
      Yep, the guy is bitter. Too bad he takes his frustration out on religion.

      From: mailto:comment-reply%40wordpress.com
      Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 23:39:38 +0000

      Subject: [New comment] Who Would Have Thought?
      A Stone-Campbell Restorationist on Evolution

      Alan Canon commented on Who Would Have Thought? A Stone-Campbell Restorationist on Evolution.

      > I am sorry that you have such bitterness.
      > You will note that several "modern-day
      > Stone-Campbell restorationists" have already
      > posted comments above yours that disprove
      > your claim of what they will never do, myself
      > included.

      Look above and you wiill see the time-honored canards of "irreducable complexity" (read the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial transcripts if you want to see a Bush-appointed Republican judge shoot that down) and another reference above to John Clayton's work as being "well researched."

      I was raised in a Stone-Campbell church.

      I know the level of evil it represents.

      I'm bitter about all religion, but I have a special level of it reserved for the church tradition I know the most about.

      Those people will never change.

      The very concept of restorationism means they are hell-bent on maintaining a Bronze-age view of the Universe.

      Of course, they take antibiotics developed with an eye towards evolutionary science, drive cars engineered with scientific principles, and navigate using GPS receivers which wouldn't work if it weren't for the theory of General Relativity (Einstein), and use computers developed by women (Grace Hopper) and gay men (Alan Turing) to post their hatred online.

      Science gives them all these gifts, and they use these gifts to diss science at every turn, and always will.

      From the point of view of someone who works in science and engineering, it's as the scientist develops a nice new rifle, useful for hunting and self defense, give it to our neighbor Christians, only to have them shoot us with them.

      Hell yes, I'm bitter.

      What would Jesus have said about these people?