Tip Killingsworth and Campus Crusade For Christ!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      Tip Killingsworth, one of my old adversaries, had a career spanning about 30 years with the Campus Crusade for Christ.

      Forbes has just published a list of the top 25 charities in the U.S. Coming in at #19 is the Campus Crusade for Christ; recently renamed "Cru":

      http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mjd45jmkh/19-campus-crusade-for-christ-international/

      > 19. Campus Crusade for Christ International
      >
      > Operating at 1,140 colleges in the U.S.,
      > Campus Crusade for Christ International
      > received $475 million in private donations.

      I don't think I ever heard the real story behind Tip leaving the organization. It seemed to have not been a result of a normal retirement.

      Tip since became a Baptist and warmed up to the Falwell organization out of Lynchburg, VA, joined the "ministerial" staff at Thomas Road Baptist Church, and became a professor at Liberty University.

      Also for reasons not made clear, that all fell apart and he left the Baptists and began other operations.

      Tip was notorious for his support of Lisa Miller and her international kidnapping of Janet Jenkins' daughter; criminal and civil proceedings continue in those cases while Lisa remains a fugitive from justice with the child. While not named as a defendant in the proceedings, Tip's involvement is referenced therein.

      Most recently, Tip has relocated to Ireland after having successfully "milking" his friends for support, and he is currently back in the U.S. to further promote that effort and enjoy a little "down time".