Re: Not working out so well for this "Sovereign Citizen" Advisor's clients

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
      Of course, it is noted that in the Lisa Miller kidnapping case, many of the parties involved and having connections to the Mennonite group (Beach-Amish), have the last name of Miller.

      Now comes the sovereign citizen promoter amongst the Amish by the name of Miller.

      I wonder if aspects of the sovereign citizen movement will eventually make their way into the Lisa Miller/Kenneth Miller, et al, criminal and civil proceedings.

      I wonder if someone advised Kenneth Miller and his sidekick Timo to keep their sovereign citizen sympathies under wraps.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
        (I thought the story was a little funny! - RLBaty)

        http://amishamerica.com/leaving-the-amish-parke-county-indiana/?cid=50044

        Amish America

        (excerpts)

        If you watch the video on the link, Elam explains
        his reason for not getting a license … fear of the
        mark of the beast.

        He doesnt mention it, but I would get the feeling
        that he would agree with obeying the laws of the
        land. He is under the impression that legally he
        can drive without a license, it's just that the
        law enforcement isnt fully aware of that so far. :-)

        In Lebanon County, PA, I am told there is a group
        (non-Amish background)of people that live by the
        Mosaic Laws (to a degree). They are also of the
        mindset of their right to drive without licenses,
        vehicle registrations, etc. The local law enforcement
        leaves them alone pretty much.

        But one story goes like this …

        > One of them was pulled over and asked to
        > show his license. He was dressed sort of
        > like the Amish, and so he told the officer,
        >
        >> "The Amish don't need a driver license."
        >
        > The officer was a bit wiser than that and
        > told him,
        >
        >> "The Amish also don't drive."

        (I dont know the outcome.) :-)

        While I disagree with Elam's interpretation of civil
        law (there is a group of people out there that say
        those things, and like the group in Berks County,
        seem to get by without licenses.

        They call themselves "Sovereign Citizens", essentially
        a one-man nation :-) ), I guess I sort of took a liking
        to him in the video.

      • bucksburg
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012

          > If you watch the video on the link, Elam explains
          > his reason for not getting a license … fear of the
          > mark of the beast.

          I'm watching the same video. He doesn't mention it, but in Indiana--as, I imagine, in most states--you need a Social Security Number to get a driver's license. So, if he's renounced his SSN--or, less likely, never got one--he couldn't get a license even if he wanted one (not without a valid Mexican Consular ID card anyway).

          But thanks for this--I knew there were people out there using Private Carriage Plates (the number on it is the manufacturer's serial number for the automobile), but I never knew any to actually get arrested for it.

          I wish this were more widely known--it may keep a few people from joining the movement.

          Daniel Buck
        • bucksburg
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@> wrote:

            > > If you watch the video on the link, Elam explains
            > > his reason for not getting a license … fear of the
            > > mark of the beast.
            >

            > Sorry, I should have kept going. In the 9th minute he does link SSN to drivers licenses.

            Daniel Buck
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
              "bucksburg" <bucksburg@...> wrote:

              > In the 9th minute he does link
              > SSN to drivers licenses.

              A number of years ago the law was changed to require taxpayers to put SSN's on their tax returns for each dependent they wanted to claim.

              Some malcontents thought it would be cute to claim their kids who did not, or allegedly did not, have SSN's. My memory has faded regarding the details, but it seems like there was some litigation and some parents lost exemptions because of their anti-government, belligerent attitude about such things. I actually worked some of those cases, but, again, the memory has faded regarding specific details.

              On a humorous note, it was commonly reported back in the day that millions of children appeared to disappear when the rule requiring the SSN's was implemented.

            • bucksburg
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
                Well Robert,

                However humorous it may seem to you, I find it quite offensive to be referred to as a malcontent who finds it 'cute' to have an anti-government, belligerent attitude. However--since it's neither here not there regarding anything we are discussing on this forum--I'll overlook the offense and get back to the Age(s) of the Cosmos topic.

                And by the way, my 19-year-old and 17-year-old daughters are still living with me, and neither one of them have any interest in participating in the Social Security System. Of course they would like to be allowed to drive, but they prefer riding a bike there and back to a one-way drive to the county jail.

                Daniel Buck