Re: Question from Bobby Valentine!

  • mathewmaury
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
      --- Bobby Valentine wrote:
      > How does the Creation Research Society approach
      > the Galileo affair?

      This is a good question. It so happens that the moderator
      of this list is well-acquainted with the Editor of the Creation
      Research Society Quarterly and also the editor's wife! Perhaps
      Robert will call CRSQ and get their position on this.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "mathewmaury"
        <sqi7o0hh02@s...> wrote, in part:

        > It so happens that the moderator of this list is
        > well-acquainted with the Editor of the Creation
        > Research Society Quarterly and also the editor's
        > wife! Perhaps Robert will call CRSQ and get their
        > position on this.

        That would probably be a good suggestion under normal circumstances!

        However, we have discovered, have we not, that the Creation Research
        Society Quarterly and its principals do not operate under normal
        circumstances.

        You may recall my former admonishon from the current chief executive,
        Don DeYoung:

        > Do not harass our volunteer workers Glen Wolfrom or
        > Eugene Chaffin.

        Eugene Chaffin, Ph.D. is the former editor (he's since been promoted)
        that I worked so closely with, and it was his wife with whom I had
        previously corresponded.

        Eugene is the one who actually produced that letter that Bert was
        tricked into believing was my production, after which Bert publicized
        his claim that he thought the letter was a "feeble attempt" as if it
        really were my production instead of something Eugene Chaffin, a
        fellow Ph.D. of Bert's, produced.

        As to Bobby's inquiry, on another list I did recommend he do a quick
        search of Bert's website at http://www.apologeticspress.org There
        you can find a number of articles referencing Galileo. Probably some
        relevant stuff there.