Reformation Rumblings, Dec. 2, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      (copy of what I sent to 1stCen-Christianity list)

      I figured I just had to give this a try. This is the only list I'm
      on, or allowed on, where I can dialogue with Buff; or at least try to
      get Buff engaged in a little problem solving.

      --- In 1stCen-Christianity@yahoogroups.com, "Buff, The Reformer"
      <renewal@m...> wrote, in part:

      > Oh, how gullible we Americans are!
      >
      > Greed is the key culprit behind America's push
      > for glory and prestige.

      > It is no surprise, then, that so many...have begun to
      > hate our guts and despise our ways.

      > We've made our own bed, and now we must sleep in it.
      > Wake up...before the last hour passes and redemption
      > escapes you.

      I just checked again (today, December 2, 2003) and found the
      following link to Buff's website and the relevant claims:

      > http://www.mindspring.com/~renewal/Canyon.html

      > Mount St. Helens vs. The Grand Canyon

      > Mount St. Helens erupted on May 18, 1980.

      > Some years later, a monument scientist
      > examined the hardrock canyon, created
      > by the eruption, and remarked,

      > "You'd expect a hardrock canyon to be
      > thousands, even hundreds of thousands
      > of years old. But this one was cut in less
      > than a decade." (National Geographic,
      > May, 2000).

      > Rick Presley, a knowledgeable student
      > of geology, says, "Pretty convincing
      > evidence that the Grand Canyon didn't
      > take millions of years to form.

      > If you can research it out, Mount St.
      > Helens has proven to be a huge
      > geologic laboratory that has overturned
      > a great many uniformitarian
      > assumptions."

      > Those of you who believe the Grand
      > Canyon was formed over a period of
      > millions of years should re-examine
      > your evidence by examining the
      > canyon formed by the eruption of Mount
      > St. Helens.

      We're still waiting for Buff to "come clean" on that and do something
      about it. There appears to no longer be any reasonable doubt but
      what his claims are false and misleading and his alleged reference to
      the National Geographic statement by Peter Frenzen is not accurate
      (see article from Apologetics Press about how the devil is behind
      adding words to such statements, which appears to be what Buff has
      done).

      Perhaps someone on this list (1st Century) can "wake up" Buff to his
      responsibilities before it is too late? I haven't the moral
      influence necessary, but, surely, someone on this list (1st Century)
      does.