Confessions of an on-line stalker!

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2012
      See:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/10/08/confessions-of-an-online-stalker/

      It's an interesting discussion and might find some application to what I have been accused of in recent months/years.

      It might also serve as a warning to some who may not want to be all that "out there"!

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2012
        http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/10/08/confessions-of-an-online-stalker/

        (1)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Monday, October 8, 2012
        Time: About 12:50 PM MT

        The article brought back memories of some of my Internet
        exploits.

        For example, Francis Mortyn, a one-time celebrity amongst
        the "humanist/atheist" crowd, recently lost a discussion
        to little ol' me.

        In the course of that discussion he happened to mention
        that his granddaughter was in the running for one of the
        "15 Hottest Freshman" at Harvard University.

        So, I took up that subject and made some comments regarding
        all of that, using publicly available Internet resources to
        do so.

        Francis and his surrogates went ballistic over that; with
        Francis claiming that I had been reported to Harvard authorities
        for investigation for "stalking". Francis even claimed he was getting his lawyer son involved (the kid's father) and I should
        be on the look out for legal action.

        I was never able to get Harvard University to admit or deny
        that any report had been made regarding me.

        I never got any notice of any litigation.

        And then there is Carl Kaun, one of Francis' side-kicks who,
        along with his friends, went ballistic when I made reference to Carl's own repeated, on-line comments regarding his use of
        alcoholic beverages and suggested that he may have been arrested
        for DUI recently (which it appears he was).

        Another threat of another lawsuit.

        I did figure that some folks just don't take kindly to losing
        an on-line argument to someone like me.

        Most recently, here on Forbes, I have challenged the mysterious poster using the name of Steven Harris. That matter has yet to
        be resolved as I wait to see if Steven Harris has run off or will return to openly, honestly engage me in a discussion of his problems.

        That matter with Steven Harris is playing out under one of Peter
        J. Reilly's columns which can be found at:

        http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/10/06/irs-cid-needs-to-sharpen-its-shooting/

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2012
          We now have this from the "stalkee"!

          http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/10/08/confessions-of-an-online-stalker/

          From: Noah
          Date: Monday, October 8, 2012
          Time: About 2:55 PM MT

          Glad you re-posted Kashmir.

          If you wouldn't mind also linking off to my response
          (which has also now gone missing, but I just re-posted).

          I think it provides a bit of a counterpoint to your piece:

          http://www.noahbrier.com/archives/2012/10/stalked-redux/