Re: Mormons on God!

  • ps6nyc
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
      The issue for Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses is: what role can a
      created spirit being legitimately have in the salvation of all mankind
      for all time?

      Apparently, for JWs, the sacrifice of Jesus served as "ransom" to offset
      the sin of Adam, thus enabling us to be resurrected into an earthly
      paradise where we will be judged on our works during a 1000 year trial
      period, by 144,000 JWs along with Jesus.

      With Mormons, it is unclear what role Christ's sacrifice pays in our
      eternal salvation, since membership and temple service are required.

      Let's just be clear, nevertheless, that the Jesus Christ of Christianity
      has little in common with that of Mormons and JWs, apart from the earth
      life biblical histories; no harm in making distinctions clear.

      http://global.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-says-obama-loves-the-lo\
      rd-us-president-could-attend-church-more-frequently-63251/

      > (1)
      >
      > From: Steven Hackbarth
      > Time/Date: 8:14 PM EDT on August 25, 2012
      >
      > Joel Osteen, a prosperity televangelist, has declared
      > that Mitt Romney also is a Christian, although Mormons
      > consider Jesus to be a created sprit being, like the
      > Jehovah's Witnesses.
      >
      > But isn't "unitarian Christianity" an oxymoron?
      >
      > (2)
      >
      > From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      > Time/Date: 9:56 PM EDT on August 25, 2012
      >
      > To Steven Hackbarth -
      >
      > In browsing around a bit recently, I came across this reference
      > from the "official" Mormon website and regarding the subject
      > you mentioned:

      http://www.lds.org/liahona/2011/01/fundamental-to-our-faith?lang=eng&que\
      ry=%22authority%22+%22revelation%22