Mormons on God!

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2012
      http://global.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-says-obama-loves-the-lord-us-president-could-attend-church-more-frequently-63251/

      (1)

      From: Steven Hackbarth
      Time/Date: 8:14 PM EDT on August 25, 2012

      Joel Osteen, a prosperity televangelist, has declared
      that Mitt Romney also is a Christian, although Mormons
      consider Jesus to be a created sprit being, like the
      Jehovah's Witnesses.

      But isn't "unitarian Christianity" an oxymoron?

      (2)

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 9:56 PM EDT on August 25, 2012

      To Steven Hackbarth -

      In browsing around a bit recently, I came across this reference
      from the "official" Mormon website and regarding the subject
      you mentioned:

      http://www.lds.org/liahona/2011/01/fundamental-to-our-faith?lang=eng&query=%22authority%22+%22revelation%22

      Fundamental to Our Faith

      By Elder Dallin H. Oaks

      Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

      This article is excerpted from an address
      given to the faculty and students of Harvard
      Law School on February 26, 2010.

      (excerpts)

      We maintain that...God the Father is not a
      spirit but a glorified Being with a tangible
      body, as is His resurrected Son, Jesus
      Christ.

      Our unique belief that

      > "the Father has a body of flesh and
      > bones as tangible as man's; the Son
      > also; but the Holy Ghost has not a
      > body of flesh and bones, but is a
      > personage of Spirit" (D&C 130:22)

      is vital to us.

      But, as Gary Lawrence's interviews
      demonstrate, we have not effectively
      conveyed this belief to others.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2012
        Steven Hackbarth, the poster to whom I responded on The Christian Post, has a noticeable resume and Internet footprint.

        You can read more about him on his FaceBook page at:

        http://www.facebook.com/steven.hackbarth

        He's only posted 4 messages to The Christian Post (CP) and they were all today. His personal CP page and archived CP messages can be found at:

        http://friend.christianpost.com/people/steven-hackbarth

        ---------------------------------------
        ---------------------------------------
      • ps6nyc
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
          The issue for Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses is: what role can a
          created spirit being legitimately have in the salvation of all mankind
          for all time?

          Apparently, for JWs, the sacrifice of Jesus served as "ransom" to offset
          the sin of Adam, thus enabling us to be resurrected into an earthly
          paradise where we will be judged on our works during a 1000 year trial
          period, by 144,000 JWs along with Jesus.

          With Mormons, it is unclear what role Christ's sacrifice pays in our
          eternal salvation, since membership and temple service are required.

          Let's just be clear, nevertheless, that the Jesus Christ of Christianity
          has little in common with that of Mormons and JWs, apart from the earth
          life biblical histories; no harm in making distinctions clear.