Into the Mormon "lion's den"; with my poll!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      My earlier effort to post this appears to be delayed, so I'm trying again!

      Todd's recent message provided the following link to a news article about Mormons leaving their church:

      http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58244-welcome-message/

      Here's an excerpt from one of the reader's comments:

      > From: Kerry Wallace (Mormon Apologist)
      > Date: June 18, 2012
      >
      > You have all the information you want and all
      > from the mouth of the Lion as you so aptly put it.
      >
      > Where did you get your info about...
      > How about Joseph Smith's polygamy?
      > And the...
      > You talk about the Lion's mouth.
      >
      > I will never refer someone of your obvious
      > intelligence and open mind (wreathing with
      > sarcasm) to mormon.org or lds.org but you
      > might want to try..., and finally for a fun
      > debate filled experience
      >
      >> http://www.mormondialogue.org/.
      >
      > Now these are the mouth of the lion.
      >
      > They actually offer answers not just...
      >
      > I as a member of the LDS church invite all
      > to investigate, research, study, ponder and
      > pray.
      >
      > I challenge you to overcome your personal
      > prejudice and...
      >
      > But by all means be civil and respectful
      > no matter what your answer is.

      And so I did!

      Tonight!

      Interesting experience!

      Maybe I will be able to post more about that later. Here's a link to the discussion thread there:

      http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58244-welcome-message/

      After more than 40 messages, including a variety of Mormon participants, I just posted the poll for their consideration. Previously they were refusing to take part, save one (Violets).