Aaron Ulrich (Mormon) v. Robert Baty

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/should-christians-vote-for-a-mormon-66994/

      (1)

      From: Aaron Ulrich (Mormon Apologist)
      Time/Date: 1:26 AM EDT on July 01, 2012

      To desparado -

      You do realize that romney has made no such claims
      of being a prophet of God right?

      oh, and I don't know of any good commited Latter
      Day Saint that takes Jesus' sacrifice for granted.

      The fact that he died for our salvation, and the fact
      that he suffered to know how we feel, so that he can
      help us.

      The fact that if I live as he asked that I will be
      able to return to live with God again.

      All gifts that he willingly gives us. But, the thing
      about gifts is that you have to accept them.

      there has to be action on our part to let those gifts
      become part of us.

      I can honestly say that I love Christ the saviour
      just as much as anyone else posting here.

      No matter what religeon they belong to.

      I don't think that you are a vile evil person for
      believing in your doctrine, because it is against
      my religeon to do so.

      I do think that it is sad that there is so much
      discrimination in the world because peoples belies
      are different.

      So, to end this post, cn you give me one GOOD reason
      to not vote for romney other than you don't agree
      with his religious beliefs?

      and, what is it about thoe beliefs that you dislike
      so much that you would be so biased against us?

      is it our upholding of biblicalstandards for sexual
      relations?

      Is it willingness to help those in need? (note, look
      up who was the first group to respond to almost any
      natural dissastar, and who granted relief to post
      WWII german citizens), is it our determination to
      not be swayed by the changing standards of decency
      and modesty?

      Or maybe it is our commitment to keeping ourselves
      healthy and free from toxins tht would send us to
      an early grave. mistreating the gift of lives and
      bodies that God has bestowed upon us for this short
      mortal life?

      Those are the core values of the Latter Day Saint
      religion, as found in the bible.

      (2)

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 1:32 AM EDT on July 01, 2012

      To Aaron Ulrich

      I just happen to be conducting a Mormon poll regarding
      certain, important, public, historic claims found on an
      "official" Mormon website and would like to ask you to
      participate and simply indicate "yes" or "no" as to
      whether YOU, as a Mormon, believe the claims.

      So far, I've only been able to get 4 to respond, though
      many have been asked.

      How about you?

      Here are the claims:

      > (A) God revealed the doctrine of
      > plural marriage to Joseph Smith?
      >
      >> Robert Baty (non-Mormon) - No
      >>
      >> Ray Ausban (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Linda Fiatoa (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Ryan Heath (Mormon) - Yes
      >> George de Metz (Mormon) - Yes

      > (B) God commanded Joseph Smith
      > to live it?
      >
      >> Robert Baty (non-Mormon) - No
      >>
      >> Ray Ausban (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Linda Fiatoa (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Ryan Heath (Mormon) - Yes
      >> George de Metz (Mormon) - Yes

      > (C) Joseph Smith taught the
      > doctrine to some associates?
      >
      >> Robert Baty (non-Mormon) - Yes
      >>
      >> Ray Ausban (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Linda Fiatoa (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Ryan Heath (Mormon) - Yes
      >> George de Metz (Mormon) - Yes

      > (D) Joseph Smith and a number of
      > his associates entered into plural
      > marriages?
      >
      >> Robert Baty (non-Mormon) - Yes
      >>
      >> Ray Ausban (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Linda Fiatoa (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Ryan Heath (Mormon) - Yes
      >> George de Metz (Mormon) - Yes

      > (E) Joseph Smith and his associates
      > needed and received personal inspiration
      > from God to help them enter in to
      > plural marriages?
      >
      >> Robert Baty (non-Mormon) - No
      >>
      >> Ray Ausban (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Linda Fiatoa (Mormon) - Yes
      >> Ryan Heath (Mormon) - Yes
      >> George de Metz (Mormon) - Yes

      "Official" Mormon Website:

      http://classic.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?index=16&locale=0&sourceId=9887ec6f164\
      b2110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/should-christians-vote-for-a-mormon-66994/

        (3)

        From: Aaron Ulrich (Mormon Apologist)
        Time/Date: 1:59 AM EDT on July 01, 2012

        To NonAnonymous -

        Well, you can add my answers to those questions.

        Yes to all of those.

        I don't beleive it because I worship Joseph smith,
        but becaue I believe that he was a prophet of god.

        Just like Moses or Abraham, or Elijah.

        (4)

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 10:49 AM EDT on July 01, 2012

        To Aaron Ulrich -

        Thanks for your interest and participation.