Re: "Ithinkso" (LDS Apologist) v. Robert Baty at Christian Post!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

      (10)

      From: Ithinkso
      Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)-

      Went and looked at your home here at CP, but if
      I read it right you are not an atheist.

      How would you classify yourself, an agnostic?

      An Einstein type who recognizes it can't be by
      accident but does not believe in a personal God?

      (11)

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 8:12 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      > From: Ithinkso
      > Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
      >
      > To NonAnonymous -
      >
      > Went and looked at your home here
      > at CP, but if I read it right you
      > are not an atheist. How would you
      > classify yourself, an agnostic? An
      > Einstein type who recognizes it
      > can't be by accident but does not
      > believe in a personal God?

      After all the whining LDS/Mormon apologists here
      have done throughout the Internet about their
      opponents not doing enough to research and reading
      before attempting to engage in a serious discussion
      of such as may divide us, that's all you can come
      up with?

      On the fundamental point, Ray, can you explicitly
      affirm that you claim to have received some direct,
      literal, sensual, personal communications from God
      advising you that Joseph Smith was/is a Prophet of
      His and/or that the Book of Mormon is his modern day
      revelation and is true?

      But I'll give you a clue, Ray.

      I am a theist.

      Maybe you would enjoy reading through my debate with
      Dr. Dziubla of the University of Kentucky that took
      place last year. You can find it at:

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

        (12)

        From: Ithinkso
        Time/Date: 8:50 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

        I will look at your debate, probably next week
        end. Running out of time today and vacation is
        this week.

        I suppose on these forums people attack and defend
        each other all the time, and I am not doing that to
        you.

        Obviously, people get upset when people write back
        things they don't like to hear and emotions rise.

        If Daniel lied about you, I think he should apologize,
        I know I would.

        However, it seems our emotions let our pride get the
        better of us too often.

        To answer your question, yes I have had direct revelation
        from God that he exists.

        It changed the course of my life.

        I have just believed and have faith the Bible is true,
        but never had a direct revelation on it.

        As far as Joseph Smith, the whole mormon origin (minus
        the B.S. produced by hate groups) and beliefs are of
        such mega-faith proportions that I could not believe it.

        After two months of study I wanted to know.

        I knew God answers prayers so I asked about Joseph
        Smith and the answer came into my mind and through
        my emotions to such a level, I understood why the
        one verse says, 'words spoken against Jesus will be
        forgiven, but words spoken against the Holy Ghost
        will never be forgiven'.

        I have not prayed about the Book of Mormon but I am
        sure it is legitimate after my answered prayers.

        Very often people want to know what drugs I was on
        when they hear my experience. I have never taken
        drugs, been drunk (I drank two half beers in my
        life as a teen), or have any sort of mental illness.

        I was not indoctrinated to believe anything as a
        child either.

        I'll check out your debate, you'll hear from me
        again - Take Care!

        (13)

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 8:57 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        To Ithinkso -

        Do check out my debate with Dr. Dziubla.

        There is an LDS/Mormon connection.

        One of the other LDS/Mormon apologists who appeared
        here then quickly quit posting after I suggested a
        study for him was Ryan Mark Smith.

        His page here is at:

        http://friend.christianpost.com/people/ryan-mark-smith/

        Anyway, I suggested to him that he may want to develop
        a study as to how Sidney Rigdon's association with
        Alexander Campbell influenced the development of
        Mormon doctrine.

        As I hear it, a number of prominent Mormon leaders had
        an association with Campbell and his movement before
        getting into Mormonism.

        Anyway, Campbell had an historic debate about God with
        the infamous skeptic of the age Robert Owen.

        My debate with Dziubla is an update on one aspect of
        Campbell's approach to that issue.

        Enjoy, and feel free to offer whatever feedback you
        may wish to give me; and engage in a discussion of my
        debate argument and the claims I make for it.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
          http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

          (14)

          From: Ithinkso
          Time/Date: 12:00 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

          To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

          It's late but thought I would give it one more
          check.

          Yes, I probably will look into this but no sooner
          than next weekend.

          When we go on vacation, I shut off all contact
          with my regular life.

          Keep your post up so I can follow to the right
          place - Thanks.

          (15)

          From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
          Time/Date: 12:06 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

          To Ithinkso -

          Any consideration you may wish to give to these
          things will be appreciated.

          If not here, you can usually always find me at
          my place:

          Or, you can usually Google something about me
          and track me down.

          I never know how long the management here is
          going to put up with me.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2012
            http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

            (16)

            From: idoubtit8o (aka Goldsmith)
            Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

            APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying the
            "Mormon" ithinkso commited blasphemy.

            I now realize that "ithinkso" is just another
            fake logon id by Robert Baty who has been banned
            from Christianpost countless times for just such
            antics.

            (17)

            From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
            Time/Date: 9:47 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

            More lying from the poster "idoubtit80":

            (1)

            > From: idoubtit8o
            > Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012
            >
            > APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying
            > the "Mormon" ithinkso commited
            > blasphemy.
            >
            > I now realize that ithinkso is just another
            > fake logon id by Robert Baty who has
            > been banned from Christianpost
            > countless times for just such antics.

            The poster has also taken his lie to the
            off-site YAHOO! list he likes: