Re: "Ithinkso" (LDS Apologist) v. Robert Baty at Christian Post!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3 4:56 PM
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

      (8)

      From: Ithinkso (LDS Apologist)
      Time/Date: 7:21 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

      I am not interested in the accusations sent
      at you, I am interested in your post here.

      Do you think God does not answer prayers directly?

      (9)

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 7:36 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      > From: "Ithinkso"
      > Time/Date: 7:21 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
      >
      > To NonAnonymous -
      >
      > I am not interested in the accusations
      > sent at you, I am interested in your post
      > here.
      >
      > Do you think God does not answer
      > prayers directly?

      As with such things, we may have different
      interests, Ray.

      That's fine. Things, however, go a little smoother
      when two have similar interests they are willing
      to honestly and openly pursue.

      I am not particularly interested in Daniel Dinnell's
      promotion of the lie about me.

      My interests are in how he deals with it and how his
      fellow LDS/Mormon folks might help with his repentance
      and bringing forth of works meet for repentance.

      Your demonstration, Ray, adds to that developing
      history.

      As to your question, Ray, as far as it goes to the
      disagreement I have with the fundamental claim of
      LDS/Mormons, et al, I do not think you or any other
      LDS/Mormon has received any direct, literal, personal,
      sensual message from God (e.g., advising you Joseph
      Smith is/was his prophet and/or the Book of Mormon
      is his latter day revelation and is true).

      You can check the archives for my earlier messages
      on that subject.

      If you feel there is something further to discuss
      about such things, let me know.

      As far as our recent experience with the anonymous
      "idoubit80", I think we have both noticed the following
      deliberate lies from his keyboard:

      (1)

      > From: "idoubtit8o"
      > Time/Date: 5:26 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
      >
      > It appears that Robert Baty is back
      > and using at least two fake logon ids
      > to post back and forth to himself.

      (2)

      > From: "idoubtit8o"
      > Time/Date: 6:32 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
      >
      > NonAnonymous-Robert Baty has picked
      > Daniel Dinnell as his stalking victim.
      >
      > Baty always claims the victim lied on
      > him and will then make hunfreds of
      > posts in order that honest discussion
      > is impossible.

      (3)

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3 5:15 PM
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

        (10)

        From: Ithinkso
        Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)-

        Went and looked at your home here at CP, but if
        I read it right you are not an atheist.

        How would you classify yourself, an agnostic?

        An Einstein type who recognizes it can't be by
        accident but does not believe in a personal God?

        (11)

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 8:12 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        > From: Ithinkso
        > Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
        >
        > To NonAnonymous -
        >
        > Went and looked at your home here
        > at CP, but if I read it right you
        > are not an atheist. How would you
        > classify yourself, an agnostic? An
        > Einstein type who recognizes it
        > can't be by accident but does not
        > believe in a personal God?

        After all the whining LDS/Mormon apologists here
        have done throughout the Internet about their
        opponents not doing enough to research and reading
        before attempting to engage in a serious discussion
        of such as may divide us, that's all you can come
        up with?

        On the fundamental point, Ray, can you explicitly
        affirm that you claim to have received some direct,
        literal, sensual, personal communications from God
        advising you that Joseph Smith was/is a Prophet of
        His and/or that the Book of Mormon is his modern day
        revelation and is true?

        But I'll give you a clue, Ray.

        I am a theist.

        Maybe you would enjoy reading through my debate with
        Dr. Dziubla of the University of Kentucky that took
        place last year. You can find it at:

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3 6:04 PM
          http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

          (12)

          From: Ithinkso
          Time/Date: 8:50 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

          To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

          I will look at your debate, probably next week
          end. Running out of time today and vacation is
          this week.

          I suppose on these forums people attack and defend
          each other all the time, and I am not doing that to
          you.

          Obviously, people get upset when people write back
          things they don't like to hear and emotions rise.

          If Daniel lied about you, I think he should apologize,
          I know I would.

          However, it seems our emotions let our pride get the
          better of us too often.

          To answer your question, yes I have had direct revelation
          from God that he exists.

          It changed the course of my life.

          I have just believed and have faith the Bible is true,
          but never had a direct revelation on it.

          As far as Joseph Smith, the whole mormon origin (minus
          the B.S. produced by hate groups) and beliefs are of
          such mega-faith proportions that I could not believe it.

          After two months of study I wanted to know.

          I knew God answers prayers so I asked about Joseph
          Smith and the answer came into my mind and through
          my emotions to such a level, I understood why the
          one verse says, 'words spoken against Jesus will be
          forgiven, but words spoken against the Holy Ghost
          will never be forgiven'.

          I have not prayed about the Book of Mormon but I am
          sure it is legitimate after my answered prayers.

          Very often people want to know what drugs I was on
          when they hear my experience. I have never taken
          drugs, been drunk (I drank two half beers in my
          life as a teen), or have any sort of mental illness.

          I was not indoctrinated to believe anything as a
          child either.

          I'll check out your debate, you'll hear from me
          again - Take Care!

          (13)

          From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
          Time/Date: 8:57 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

          To Ithinkso -

          Do check out my debate with Dr. Dziubla.

          There is an LDS/Mormon connection.

          One of the other LDS/Mormon apologists who appeared
          here then quickly quit posting after I suggested a
          study for him was Ryan Mark Smith.

          His page here is at:

          http://friend.christianpost.com/people/ryan-mark-smith/

          Anyway, I suggested to him that he may want to develop
          a study as to how Sidney Rigdon's association with
          Alexander Campbell influenced the development of
          Mormon doctrine.

          As I hear it, a number of prominent Mormon leaders had
          an association with Campbell and his movement before
          getting into Mormonism.

          Anyway, Campbell had an historic debate about God with
          the infamous skeptic of the age Robert Owen.

          My debate with Dziubla is an update on one aspect of
          Campbell's approach to that issue.

          Enjoy, and feel free to offer whatever feedback you
          may wish to give me; and engage in a discussion of my
          debate argument and the claims I make for it.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3 9:10 PM
            http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

            (14)

            From: Ithinkso
            Time/Date: 12:00 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

            To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

            It's late but thought I would give it one more
            check.

            Yes, I probably will look into this but no sooner
            than next weekend.

            When we go on vacation, I shut off all contact
            with my regular life.

            Keep your post up so I can follow to the right
            place - Thanks.

            (15)

            From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
            Time/Date: 12:06 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

            To Ithinkso -

            Any consideration you may wish to give to these
            things will be appreciated.

            If not here, you can usually always find me at
            my place:

            Or, you can usually Google something about me
            and track me down.

            I never know how long the management here is
            going to put up with me.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4 6:54 AM
              http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

              (16)

              From: idoubtit8o (aka Goldsmith)
              Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

              APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying the
              "Mormon" ithinkso commited blasphemy.

              I now realize that "ithinkso" is just another
              fake logon id by Robert Baty who has been banned
              from Christianpost countless times for just such
              antics.

              (17)

              From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
              Time/Date: 9:47 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

              More lying from the poster "idoubtit80":

              (1)

              > From: idoubtit8o
              > Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012
              >
              > APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying
              > the "Mormon" ithinkso commited
              > blasphemy.
              >
              > I now realize that ithinkso is just another
              > fake logon id by Robert Baty who has
              > been banned from Christianpost
              > countless times for just such antics.

              The poster has also taken his lie to the
              off-site YAHOO! list he likes: