"Ithinkso" (LDS Apologist) v. Robert Baty at Christian Post!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

      (1)

      From: "idoubtit8o" (aka Goldsmith)
      Time/Date: 1:20 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      To "Ithinkso"

      Comment about the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit

      > "sounds like demonic possession.""

      --Blasphemy.
      That's enough for me to reject Mormon teachings

      (2)

      From: Ithinkso (LDS Apologist)
      Time/Date: 3:34 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      To "idoubtit8o" (aka Goldsmith) -

      So that's what they do.

      They take one phrase, don't ask for clarification,
      put it out of context or greatly distort the meaning
      and proclaim it the gospel truth.

      You should be ashamed to consider yourself a Christian.

      (3)

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 3:46 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      > From: "Ithinkso"
      > Time/Date: 3:34 PM EDT June 3, 2012
      >
      > To "idoubtit80"
      >
      > You should be ashamed to consider
      > yourself a Christian.

      I can't argue with that, but it does remind me
      of something another LDS apologist proposed here
      recently:

      > From: Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 9:18 PM EDT on May 13, 2012
      >
      > The fact that you hide behind an
      > anonymous name would suggest
      > that you yourself may not be open
      > or honest.

      Given that context, I've been waiting to see if
      you, "Ithinkso", are ever going to get around to
      introducing yourself (e.g., I'm not just referring
      to posting another name).

      I know a little about Brian, Daniel, Linda, etc.,
      and some LDS/Mormons continue to remain in hiding
      despite Daniel's observation.

      So, "Ithinkso", is there something about yourself
      you want to tell us in order to increase your own
      credibility???

      ---------------------------------
      ---------------------------------
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

        (4)

        From: "Ithinkso" (aka Ray Ausban/LDS Apologist)
        Time/Date: 4:02 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

        There no hiding here.

        My name is Ray Ausban and live in California.

        I grew up agnostic and was an atheist in my youth
        and converted to Christianity in my first year of
        college.

        In my second and last year of college, I became LDS.

        My interest in the church was based on the Bible.

        As I was reading the N.T., it became clear to me
        that most Christians knew very little about it.

        They seemed to know only those parts promoted by
        their particular church and had all sorts of ways
        to explain away the majority of the words written.

        When most of the Bible is explained away as not
        meaning what it really says, then you don't really
        believe in it.

        So, that was the beginning of my conversion.
        Is that enough?

        (5)

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 4:07 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        To "Ithinkso" (aka Ray Ausban/LDS Apologist) -

        Suits me.
        Thanks for the introduction.

        Maybe it will set a good example for other
        still-undercover LDS/Mormons to follow if
        they are going to participate here.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
          http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

          (6)

          From: "Ithinkso" (aka Ray Ausban/LDS Apologist)
          Time/Date: 4:25 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

          To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

          And I missed who you are.

          (7)

          From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
          Time/Date: 4:28 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

          To "Ithinkso" (aka Ray Ausban/LDS Apologist) -

          My name is Robert Baty, and if you "click" on
          "NonAnonymous" it will take you to my "Friend"
          page here on The Christian Post where you can
          find out how to get to my place and some of what
          my history is.

          My messages here are also archived there; though
          sometimes the management tampers with the evidence
          and deletes messages.

          See you there, or not.

          By the way, have you noticed that "idoubtit80" has
          never done as much as you and other LDS/Mormons
          have done as far as identity.

          Something you might also want to think about in
          light of Daniel Dinnell's suggestion about how
          open and honest a fellow you might be dealing with
          in "idoubtit80".

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
            http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

            (8)

            From: Ithinkso (LDS Apologist)
            Time/Date: 7:21 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

            To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

            I am not interested in the accusations sent
            at you, I am interested in your post here.

            Do you think God does not answer prayers directly?

            (9)

            From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
            Time/Date: 7:36 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

            > From: "Ithinkso"
            > Time/Date: 7:21 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
            >
            > To NonAnonymous -
            >
            > I am not interested in the accusations
            > sent at you, I am interested in your post
            > here.
            >
            > Do you think God does not answer
            > prayers directly?

            As with such things, we may have different
            interests, Ray.

            That's fine. Things, however, go a little smoother
            when two have similar interests they are willing
            to honestly and openly pursue.

            I am not particularly interested in Daniel Dinnell's
            promotion of the lie about me.

            My interests are in how he deals with it and how his
            fellow LDS/Mormon folks might help with his repentance
            and bringing forth of works meet for repentance.

            Your demonstration, Ray, adds to that developing
            history.

            As to your question, Ray, as far as it goes to the
            disagreement I have with the fundamental claim of
            LDS/Mormons, et al, I do not think you or any other
            LDS/Mormon has received any direct, literal, personal,
            sensual message from God (e.g., advising you Joseph
            Smith is/was his prophet and/or the Book of Mormon
            is his latter day revelation and is true).

            You can check the archives for my earlier messages
            on that subject.

            If you feel there is something further to discuss
            about such things, let me know.

            As far as our recent experience with the anonymous
            "idoubit80", I think we have both noticed the following
            deliberate lies from his keyboard:

            (1)

            > From: "idoubtit8o"
            > Time/Date: 5:26 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
            >
            > It appears that Robert Baty is back
            > and using at least two fake logon ids
            > to post back and forth to himself.

            (2)

            > From: "idoubtit8o"
            > Time/Date: 6:32 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
            >
            > NonAnonymous-Robert Baty has picked
            > Daniel Dinnell as his stalking victim.
            >
            > Baty always claims the victim lied on
            > him and will then make hunfreds of
            > posts in order that honest discussion
            > is impossible.

            (3)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
              http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

              (10)

              From: Ithinkso
              Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

              To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)-

              Went and looked at your home here at CP, but if
              I read it right you are not an atheist.

              How would you classify yourself, an agnostic?

              An Einstein type who recognizes it can't be by
              accident but does not believe in a personal God?

              (11)

              From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
              Time/Date: 8:12 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

              > From: Ithinkso
              > Time/Date: 8:04 PM EDT on June 03, 2012
              >
              > To NonAnonymous -
              >
              > Went and looked at your home here
              > at CP, but if I read it right you
              > are not an atheist. How would you
              > classify yourself, an agnostic? An
              > Einstein type who recognizes it
              > can't be by accident but does not
              > believe in a personal God?

              After all the whining LDS/Mormon apologists here
              have done throughout the Internet about their
              opponents not doing enough to research and reading
              before attempting to engage in a serious discussion
              of such as may divide us, that's all you can come
              up with?

              On the fundamental point, Ray, can you explicitly
              affirm that you claim to have received some direct,
              literal, sensual, personal communications from God
              advising you that Joseph Smith was/is a Prophet of
              His and/or that the Book of Mormon is his modern day
              revelation and is true?

              But I'll give you a clue, Ray.

              I am a theist.

              Maybe you would enjoy reading through my debate with
              Dr. Dziubla of the University of Kentucky that took
              place last year. You can find it at:

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
                http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

                (12)

                From: Ithinkso
                Time/Date: 8:50 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

                To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

                I will look at your debate, probably next week
                end. Running out of time today and vacation is
                this week.

                I suppose on these forums people attack and defend
                each other all the time, and I am not doing that to
                you.

                Obviously, people get upset when people write back
                things they don't like to hear and emotions rise.

                If Daniel lied about you, I think he should apologize,
                I know I would.

                However, it seems our emotions let our pride get the
                better of us too often.

                To answer your question, yes I have had direct revelation
                from God that he exists.

                It changed the course of my life.

                I have just believed and have faith the Bible is true,
                but never had a direct revelation on it.

                As far as Joseph Smith, the whole mormon origin (minus
                the B.S. produced by hate groups) and beliefs are of
                such mega-faith proportions that I could not believe it.

                After two months of study I wanted to know.

                I knew God answers prayers so I asked about Joseph
                Smith and the answer came into my mind and through
                my emotions to such a level, I understood why the
                one verse says, 'words spoken against Jesus will be
                forgiven, but words spoken against the Holy Ghost
                will never be forgiven'.

                I have not prayed about the Book of Mormon but I am
                sure it is legitimate after my answered prayers.

                Very often people want to know what drugs I was on
                when they hear my experience. I have never taken
                drugs, been drunk (I drank two half beers in my
                life as a teen), or have any sort of mental illness.

                I was not indoctrinated to believe anything as a
                child either.

                I'll check out your debate, you'll hear from me
                again - Take Care!

                (13)

                From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
                Time/Date: 8:57 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

                To Ithinkso -

                Do check out my debate with Dr. Dziubla.

                There is an LDS/Mormon connection.

                One of the other LDS/Mormon apologists who appeared
                here then quickly quit posting after I suggested a
                study for him was Ryan Mark Smith.

                His page here is at:

                http://friend.christianpost.com/people/ryan-mark-smith/

                Anyway, I suggested to him that he may want to develop
                a study as to how Sidney Rigdon's association with
                Alexander Campbell influenced the development of
                Mormon doctrine.

                As I hear it, a number of prominent Mormon leaders had
                an association with Campbell and his movement before
                getting into Mormonism.

                Anyway, Campbell had an historic debate about God with
                the infamous skeptic of the age Robert Owen.

                My debate with Dziubla is an update on one aspect of
                Campbell's approach to that issue.

                Enjoy, and feel free to offer whatever feedback you
                may wish to give me; and engage in a discussion of my
                debate argument and the claims I make for it.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2012
                  http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

                  (14)

                  From: Ithinkso
                  Time/Date: 12:00 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

                  To NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty) -

                  It's late but thought I would give it one more
                  check.

                  Yes, I probably will look into this but no sooner
                  than next weekend.

                  When we go on vacation, I shut off all contact
                  with my regular life.

                  Keep your post up so I can follow to the right
                  place - Thanks.

                  (15)

                  From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
                  Time/Date: 12:06 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

                  To Ithinkso -

                  Any consideration you may wish to give to these
                  things will be appreciated.

                  If not here, you can usually always find me at
                  my place:

                  Or, you can usually Google something about me
                  and track me down.

                  I never know how long the management here is
                  going to put up with me.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2012
                    http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

                    (16)

                    From: idoubtit8o (aka Goldsmith)
                    Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

                    APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying the
                    "Mormon" ithinkso commited blasphemy.

                    I now realize that "ithinkso" is just another
                    fake logon id by Robert Baty who has been banned
                    from Christianpost countless times for just such
                    antics.

                    (17)

                    From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
                    Time/Date: 9:47 AM EDT on June 04, 2012

                    More lying from the poster "idoubtit80":

                    (1)

                    > From: idoubtit8o
                    > Time/Date: 4:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2012
                    >
                    > APOLOGY to Daniel Dinnell for saying
                    > the "Mormon" ithinkso commited
                    > blasphemy.
                    >
                    > I now realize that ithinkso is just another
                    > fake logon id by Robert Baty who has
                    > been banned from Christianpost
                    > countless times for just such antics.

                    The poster has also taken his lie to the
                    off-site YAHOO! list he likes: