Re: Goldsmith v. Dinnell on Baptist & Mormon Theology!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 2:33 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

      Brian Casaday answers "thesinkingstone"!

      > From: "thesinkingstone"
      > Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012
      >
      > To Brian Casaday:
      >
      > How can you...follow a belief system
      > that was started by (Joseph Smith)?

      Brian's answer and LDS/Mormon answers generally
      on that subject have been posted previously, often,
      and throughout the Internet.

      > From: Brian Casaday
      > Date: February 6, 2012
      >
      > How do I know if these prophets
      > are true prophets of God and if
      > the things they say or write are
      > true?
      >
      > The same way I know that the
      > bible is the word of God.
      >
      > I ask Him.
      >
      > As the LDS church has a living
      > prophet, revelation for our time
      > (on a worldwide scale) is more
      > accessible.

      Get it yet?

      I do!

      I think Sergio said it as well as any:

      > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 6:45 PM on February 10, 2012
      >
      > My authority came from God who
      > gave authority to Jesus, to Peter,...
      > and finally to me.
      >
      > This is called authority line.

      and this:

      > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 10:01 AM on February 17, 2012
      >
      > I win.
      > I have authority.
      > I have authority line, and
      > you have not.

      While quibbling about the secondary, tertiary, and
      trivial doctrinal issues has its place and can be
      interesting, informative, and enlightening, I prefer
      to stick with the fundamentals as to why an open,
      honest, two-way discussion with such as believe God
      is talking to them personally, literally, directly
      and sensually is unlikely.

      Of course, that problem is not unique to Mormon or
      Watchtower folks.