Re: Goldsmith v. Dinnell on Baptist & Mormon Theology!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
      http://blogs.christianpost.com/voices-in-my-head/chuck-smith-calvary-chapel-founder-says-mormons-are-christians-what-say-you-10146/

      From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 1:00 AM EDT on June 03, 2012

      Just in from Sergio:

      > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 12:42 AM EDT on June 03, 2012
      >
      > Can God speak today?
      >
      > Think about this.

      I thought about that, and it reminded me of this:

      > From: Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist)
      > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
      >
      > To "idoubtit8o"
      >
      > I (Daniel Dinnell) agree with you
      > that...so that is why I (Daniel
      > Dinnell) still rely on the guidance
      > of the Holy Spirit.

      and this:

      > From: "idoubtit80"
      > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
      >
      > To Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist) -
      >
      > I allow the Holy Spirit
      > to lead me.

      and this:

      > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 6:45 PM on February 10, 2012
      >
      > My authority came from God who gave
      > authority to Jesus, to Peter,...
      > and finally to me.
      >
      > This is called authority line.

      and this:

      > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
      > Time/Date: 10:01 AM on February 17, 2012
      >
      > I win.
      > I have authority.
      > I have authority line, and
      > you have not.

      They can't all be right, and at least one of
      them is wrong.

      I think they are all three wrong.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 2:33 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

        Brian Casaday answers "thesinkingstone"!

        > From: "thesinkingstone"
        > Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012
        >
        > To Brian Casaday:
        >
        > How can you...follow a belief system
        > that was started by (Joseph Smith)?

        Brian's answer and LDS/Mormon answers generally
        on that subject have been posted previously, often,
        and throughout the Internet.

        > From: Brian Casaday
        > Date: February 6, 2012
        >
        > How do I know if these prophets
        > are true prophets of God and if
        > the things they say or write are
        > true?
        >
        > The same way I know that the
        > bible is the word of God.
        >
        > I ask Him.
        >
        > As the LDS church has a living
        > prophet, revelation for our time
        > (on a worldwide scale) is more
        > accessible.

        Get it yet?

        I do!

        I think Sergio said it as well as any:

        > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
        > Time/Date: 6:45 PM on February 10, 2012
        >
        > My authority came from God who
        > gave authority to Jesus, to Peter,...
        > and finally to me.
        >
        > This is called authority line.

        and this:

        > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
        > Time/Date: 10:01 AM on February 17, 2012
        >
        > I win.
        > I have authority.
        > I have authority line, and
        > you have not.

        While quibbling about the secondary, tertiary, and
        trivial doctrinal issues has its place and can be
        interesting, informative, and enlightening, I prefer
        to stick with the fundamentals as to why an open,
        honest, two-way discussion with such as believe God
        is talking to them personally, literally, directly
        and sensually is unlikely.

        Of course, that problem is not unique to Mormon or
        Watchtower folks.