Goldsmith v. Dinnell on Baptist & Mormon Theology!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
      I think Dinnell is ahead in that game. Rather than try to deal with the fundamentals, on which Goldsmith & Dinnell agree, Goldsmith is trying to match wits with Dinnell over trivial secondary and tertiary details.

      Here's their statements regarding fundamentals upon which they agree:

      (1) Dinnell's Claim:

      http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

      and/or

      http://friend.christianpost.com/people/daniel-dinnell

      > From: Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist)
      > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
      >
      > To "idoubtit8o" (aka Goldsmith)
      >
      > I (Daniel Dinnell) agree with you ("idoubtit80")
      > that...so that is why I (Daniel Dinnell) still
      > rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

      (2) Goldsmith's Claim:

      http://friend.christianpost.com/people/idoubtit8o/

      > From: "idoubtit80" (aka Goldsmith)
      > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
      >
      > To Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist) -
      >
      > I ("idoubtit80") allow the Holy Spirit
      > to lead me.

      My further comments:

      I guess that is another one of those classic examples where one of them might be right, and both of them might be wrong.

      I'm thinking both of them are wrong in this case.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
        http://blogs.christianpost.com/voices-in-my-head/chuck-smith-calvary-chapel-founder-says-mormons-are-christians-what-say-you-10146/

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 1:00 AM EDT on June 03, 2012

        Just in from Sergio:

        > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
        > Time/Date: 12:42 AM EDT on June 03, 2012
        >
        > Can God speak today?
        >
        > Think about this.

        I thought about that, and it reminded me of this:

        > From: Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist)
        > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
        >
        > To "idoubtit8o"
        >
        > I (Daniel Dinnell) agree with you
        > that...so that is why I (Daniel
        > Dinnell) still rely on the guidance
        > of the Holy Spirit.

        and this:

        > From: "idoubtit80"
        > Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012
        >
        > To Daniel Dinnell (LDS Apologist) -
        >
        > I allow the Holy Spirit
        > to lead me.

        and this:

        > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
        > Time/Date: 6:45 PM on February 10, 2012
        >
        > My authority came from God who gave
        > authority to Jesus, to Peter,...
        > and finally to me.
        >
        > This is called authority line.

        and this:

        > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
        > Time/Date: 10:01 AM on February 17, 2012
        >
        > I win.
        > I have authority.
        > I have authority line, and
        > you have not.

        They can't all be right, and at least one of
        them is wrong.

        I think they are all three wrong.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
          http://www.christianpost.com/news/mormon-moment-forcing-christians-to-learn-about-mormonism-75793/

          From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
          Time/Date: 2:33 PM EDT on June 03, 2012

          Brian Casaday answers "thesinkingstone"!

          > From: "thesinkingstone"
          > Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012
          >
          > To Brian Casaday:
          >
          > How can you...follow a belief system
          > that was started by (Joseph Smith)?

          Brian's answer and LDS/Mormon answers generally
          on that subject have been posted previously, often,
          and throughout the Internet.

          > From: Brian Casaday
          > Date: February 6, 2012
          >
          > How do I know if these prophets
          > are true prophets of God and if
          > the things they say or write are
          > true?
          >
          > The same way I know that the
          > bible is the word of God.
          >
          > I ask Him.
          >
          > As the LDS church has a living
          > prophet, revelation for our time
          > (on a worldwide scale) is more
          > accessible.

          Get it yet?

          I do!

          I think Sergio said it as well as any:

          > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
          > Time/Date: 6:45 PM on February 10, 2012
          >
          > My authority came from God who
          > gave authority to Jesus, to Peter,...
          > and finally to me.
          >
          > This is called authority line.

          and this:

          > From: Sergio Roa Prado (LDS Apologist)
          > Time/Date: 10:01 AM on February 17, 2012
          >
          > I win.
          > I have authority.
          > I have authority line, and
          > you have not.

          While quibbling about the secondary, tertiary, and
          trivial doctrinal issues has its place and can be
          interesting, informative, and enlightening, I prefer
          to stick with the fundamentals as to why an open,
          honest, two-way discussion with such as believe God
          is talking to them personally, literally, directly
          and sensually is unlikely.

          Of course, that problem is not unique to Mormon or
          Watchtower folks.