The reasoning of "GSB1952" on The Christian Post!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 4:20 PM
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/creation-museum-celebrates-anniversary-with-holographic-lucy-exhibit-75782/

      (1)

      From: MandBGroupOwner (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 5:27 PM EDT on May 30, 2012

      "Goliath of GRAS" v. "GSB1952"

      > From: gsb1952
      > Time/Date: 5:15 PM EDT on May 30, 2012
      >
      > To agentorange20 -
      >
      > If the evidence was so convincing,
      > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

      I like the form.

      Here's the more complete version suggested by gsb1952:

      Major Premise:

      > If the evidence was so convincing,
      > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

      Minor Premise:

      > Everyone is not an evolutionist.

      Conclusion:

      > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

      Is that so constructed that if its premises are true
      its conclusion will follow as true therefrom (e.g.,
      is it logically valid)?

      > Agree(2)
      > Disagree(0)
      > Report abuse(2)

      (2)

      From: MandBGroupOwner (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 6:41 PM EDT on May 30, 2012

      Anybody else catch any of the problems "gsb1952"
      has with his argument??

      Compare his argument to another similar sort:

      The "GSB1952" Argument:

      Major Premise:

      > If the evidence was so convincing,
      > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

      Minor Premise:

      > Everyone is not an evolutionist.

      Conclusion:

      > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

      The "GSB1952" Analogous Argument:

      Major Premise:

      > If the evidence was so convincing,
      > then everyone should be a Christian.

      Minor Premise:

      > Everyone is not a Christian.

      Conclusion:

      > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

      Is that really the sort of reasoning "gsb1952" wants
      to prosecute?????

      > Agree(3)
      > Disagree(0)
      > Report abuse(1)

      (3)

      From: MandBGroupOwner (aka Robert Baty)
      Time/Date: 7:12 PM EDT on May 30, 2012

      Thanks for the indicated support.

      Looks like some appreciate some critical thinking
      exercises; even while others think I have been abusive.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2012
        http://www.christianpost.com/news/nearly-half-of-americans-believe-god-created-humans-survey-finds-75946/

        From: NonAnonymous (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 8:05 PM EDT on June 02, 2012

        > From: gsb1952
        > Time/Date: 7:56 PM EDT on June 02, 2012
        >
        > To Wolf Nelson -
        >
        > I believe that God created everything
        > in six days...

        According to the reasoning previously proposed by "gsb1952", the argument would look like this, right:

        Major Premise:

        > IF the evidence is so convincing
        > that everything was created over
        > a period of six days,
        > THEN everyone should believe that
        > everything was created over a
        > period of six days.

        Minor Premise:

        > Everyone does not believe that
        > everything was created over a
        > period of six days.

        Conclusion:

        From: MandBGroupOwner (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 5:27 PM EDT on May 30, 2012

        "Goliath of GRAS" v. "GSB1952"

        > From: gsb1952
        > Time/Date: 5:15 PM EDT on May 30, 2012
        >
        > To agentorange20 -
        >
        > If the evidence was so convincing,
        > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

        I like the form.

        Here's the more complete version suggested by gsb1952:

        Major Premise:

        > If the evidence was so convincing,
        > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

        Minor Premise:

        > Everyone is not an evolutionist.

        Conclusion:

        > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

        Is that so constructed that if its premises are true
        its conclusion will follow as true therefrom (e.g.,
        is it logically valid)?

        > Agree(2)
        > Disagree(0)
        > Report abuse(2)

        (2)

        From: MandBGroupOwner (aka Robert Baty)
        Time/Date: 6:41 PM EDT on May 30, 2012

        Anybody else catch any of the problems "gsb1952"
        has with his argument??

        Compare his argument to another similar sort:

        The "GSB1952" Argument:

        Major Premise:

        > If the evidence was so convincing,
        > then everyone should be an evolutionist.

        Minor Premise:

        > Everyone is not an evolutionist.

        Conclusion:

        > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

        The "GSB1952" Analogous Argument:

        Major Premise:

        > If the evidence was so convincing,
        > then everyone should be a Christian.

        Minor Premise:

        > Everyone is not a Christian.

        Conclusion:

        > The evidence was NOT so convincing.

        Is that really the sort of reasoning "gsb1952" wants
        to prosecute?????

        > Agree(3)
        > Disagree(0)
        > Report abuse(1)