Re: Ken Ham Today: Railing Against Intelligent Design Movement!

  • Todd Greene
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2012
      "Each of us must either start with the Bible as our ultimate authority, or autonomous human reasoning."

      Translation: What the Bible says is true, because the Bible says it is true. The Bible is God's Word, and that's true, because that's what the Bible says.

      Circular reasoning all the way.

      As always, this particular pattern of rhetoric (which people who have dealt with Church Of Christ rhetoric are very familiar with) is just another paean to the fundamentally circular nature of such belief. When your beliefs cannot stand up to the facts and cannot stand up to reason, then those who consider these false beliefs they have to be more important to them than the truth, must turn against fact and reason.

      By they way, atheists just love this rhetoric by Chaffey and Lisle, like so much other religious rhetoric by religious believers, because it's obviously fallacious nature stands in such stark contrast to the complaints from religious believers recently, in response to the "Reason Rally", claiming that atheists "don't own reason". Well, just going by what religious believers say all the time in regard to trying to justify religious belief, it sure looks like we do. But that's okay, we'll let you borrow it when you're ready to.

      Chuckling,
      Todd Greene