Re: [M & B] Earth at risk of asteroid impact in 2040?

  • PIASAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2012

      Pi:
      I read about this a couple days ago.  At this point in time, about the only thing we can say is that we don't have enough orbital data to make a conclusion.  After all, 2040 is some 28 years down the road.... a difference of only one foot per second in its velocity would change its position by about 167,000 miles.  Besides, it has (IIRC) two passes near Earth between now and then that could significantly change its trajectory.