Boycott thin mints??

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/families-boycott-thin-mints-over-girl-scouts-ties-with-planned-parenthood-68381/

      The Christian Post
      Wednesday, February 1, 2012

      Families Boycott Thin Mints Over Girl Scouts' Ties With Planned Parenthood

      By Eryn Sun
      Christian Post Reporter

      (excerpts)

      Austin Ruse, the president of Catholic Family & Human Rights Institute, told The Christian Post,

      > "The Girl Scouts partner locally, nationally
      > and internationally with Planned Parenthood,
      > the largest abortionist in the world.
      >
      > They should stop this and the only way to stop
      > them is by hitting them in the pocketbook."

      The Girl Scouts have been frequently linked over the past few years with the pro-choice organization, allegedly endorsing abortion and the use of contraceptives to their young members through conventions and website links from their sites.

      Troubled parents and teens have united to stand against what was once thought to be a reputable family organization, promoting other alternatives like American Heritage Girls and Little Flowers Girls Club and

      > rejecting the purchase of the group's beloved cookies.

      Ruse, who has two daughters of his own, believes that saying "no" to Girl Scout cookies will raise awareness among the public that Girl Scouts partners with Planned Parenthood and give the Girl Scouts "pause" in their relationship with the group.

      > "It's not anyone's goal to put the
      > Girl Scouts out of business,"

      he explained to CP.

      > "Rather it is for the Girl Scouts
      > to correct their actions."

      While some parents who share the same concerns as Ruse will seek to pull their children out from the Girl Scouts, others, Ruse noted, might stay in the organization to

      > "work from within for the desired change."

      Columnist Robert McCartney recently responded to the boycotts taking place throughout the nation, asking Americans not to

      > "fall for smears against the Girl Scouts,"

      whom he believed to be a

      > "patriotic, faith-affirming, achievement-oriented
      > group."

      > "It's ill-informed nonsense,"

      McCartney penned regarding all of the opinions by religious conservatives who saw "something very different" in the Girl Scouts.

      Stressing that the Girl Scouts have repeatedly told the public that they had no position on abortion and no relationship with Planned Parenthood, despite what the critics said, McCartney urged,

      > "Let's all cast a vote for girls with
      > backpacks and against disinformation.
      > When the neighborhood girls ring your
      > doorbell, order an extra couple of boxes."

      Nonetheless, Rue and his wife are continuing to spread awareness through their efforts to quell Girl Scout cookie sales.

      > "It's a sacrifice, because I love
      > the cookies and the cuties who sell
      > them, but enough is enough,"

      Cathy wrote.

    • Todd Greene
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        Looks like I'll be doubling up my order of Girl Scout cookies this year!

        Chuckling,
        Todd Greene

        P.S.: I've never bought the chocolate mint cookies though. I hate those!