Update on Carl Kaun's personal threats against me!

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Human-NonModerated@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011
      Time: 6:13 PM MT

      Subject: Re: The list pedant and his latest "ex cathedra" pronouncement!

      --- In Human-nonmoderated@yahoogroups.com,
      Carl Kaun <kaun_carl@...> wrote to Paul
      regarding my string of "wins" in this venue:

      > Little minds convince themselves of their
      > greatness when people fail to respond to
      > them.
      >
      > Their error is that they don't realize
      > people are simply ignoring them.

      Such comments from my distractors are not unexpected; it comes, in part, from
      being a poor loser.

      Carl is perhaps one of my victims who fell hardest and to requite the attention
      I gave him he has dared to threaten me with a lawsuit and put a "bounty on my
      head".

      I still operate under Carl's unrepented threats against me. According to Carl's
      threats, I could be "served" any day now; not to mention the possible on-going
      investigation by his "goons" intent on collecting the bounty.

      I have no illusions about any greatness on my part; but my victories are
      objectively confirmable; are NOT claimed simply as the result of being ignored.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011

        From: Robert Baty
        To: Human-NonModerated@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011
        Time: 6:30 PM MT

        Subject: Carl Kaun claim regarding my alleged criminal activities!

        -- In Human-nonmoderated@yahoogroups.com,
        Carl Kaun <kaun_carl@...> wrote in response
        to my message with:

        > What "goons"?
        > What bounty?
        > WTF is Baty even talking about?
        >
        > But the fact remains that Baty has
        > committed per se libel against me,
        > which I could pursue if I chose to.
        >
        > He has also apparently misused confidential
        > IRS information, which I will now readdress
        > in IRS channels.

        Those first 3 questions appear directed to other members here, so I will let other members deal with them as they see fit. I might even engage in that discussion if there is one.

        We have already had the "libel per se" discussion; Carl and his ilk lost that. See archives for details.

        The IRS issue is intriguing. As I recall, Carl indicated that he had already tried to get the IRS to investigate me regarding whatever it is he is talking about. By "readdress", it seems he wishes to take it up again with the IRS.

        If Carl wants to deal with that "libel" against me (e.g., accusing me of a crime), then I will be glad to engage him and see if he is apt to be any more repentant of his folly than Tip Killingsworth.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011

          From: Robert Baty
          To: Human-NonModerated@yahoogroups.com
          Date: December 4, 2011
          Time: 7:06 PM MT

          Carl Kaun <kaun_carl@...> now writes, in part:

          > Why does Baty...

          I'll let others to whom that is addressed deal with it if they wish. If there
          is interest, I will consider engaging in the discussion.

          Carl went on, in part:

          > The IRS has indicated an interest in pursuing
          > the matter, based on a little more information
          > concerning it.
          >
          > I will be providing that information.

          Neato! That's what they do when folks like Carl can't get their act together;
          it humors them and gives them a second chance.

          Of course, Carl's response indicates he is not "man-up" to dealing with his
          claim here and now.

          The Treasury investigators may well be working on investigating Carl for making
          a serious and false charge against me in response to me putting them on notice
          that he appears to just the sort to do so out of spite for having come out on
          the short end of a discussion.

          The Treasury does take seriously the filing of false charges by the likes of
          Carl Kaun in such situations.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011

            From: Robert Baty
            To: Human-NonModerated@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011
            Time: 9:36 PM MT

            Tip Killingsworth wrote:

            > Carl, please pursue this IRS issue.
            >
            > I'd love to see Batty Baty hoisted
            > on his own petard!

            Run, Tip, Run!

            See Tip Run!

            Carl has already run from dealing with his allegations.

            Tip, did you ever send Carl any money to help him finance his threatened lawsuit
            against me. You do remember his solicitation, don't you!

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2011

              From: Robert Baty
              To: Human-NonModerated@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2011
              Time: 8:21 AM MT

              Subject: Revisiting the Kaun v. Baty affair & list conduct!

              --- In Human-nonmoderated@yahoogroups.com,
              PHarrison/interEng <intereng@...> wrote to Francis,
              in part:

              > I (Paul) was very upset with Baty over
              > the allegations against Carl here (sharing
              > that view with several others)...

              My recollection of the substance of that matter is that Mr. Kaun chose to enter
              into a matter involving me and others in an inappropriate way.

              I made reference to certain matters of fact that were admitted to by Mr. Kaun on
              a number of occasions as documented in the archives of this venue.

              As with the bankruptcy issue involving Trey Killingsworth, folks here did not
              much wish to discuss Mr. Kaun's issue and chose rather to condemn me for
              references to it as part of, given the UNmoderated nature of this list, my
              effort to discipline Mr. Kaun regarding his unseemly involvement into matters
              involving me.

              While the results might have been much better had folks here been more receptive
              to the discipline, my efforts did enjoy some success in that Carl pretty much
              leaves me alone and I pretty much leave him alone.

              Unfortunately, many of the regulars here continue to engage in behavior for
              worse than any of the what I have unjustly been accused of regarding the Kaun
              and related matters.

              My efforts to help list members improve their formatting skills have, similarly,
              received little acceptance.

              Maybe y'all will get that worked out; maybe not.

              I'm longsuffering, and will try to bear with you a little longer and may even
              further engage discussions here where I may have some interest or present issues
              for your consideration and feedback.