This Sunday - Preach Politics From The Pulpit Day!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011
      http://www.christianpost.com/news/more-pastors-sign-on-to-preach-politics-from-pulpit-56944/

      The Christian Post
      Friday, September, 30 2011

      More Pastors Sign on to Preach Politics From Pulpit
      By Stephanie Samuel
      Christian Post Reporter

      (excerpts)

      This Sunday, more than 400 pastors will be using their pulpits to preach politics and challenge the Internal Revenue Service's regulations that restrict religious leaders from endorsing candidates and discussing policies with their congregations.

      October 2 is Pulpit Freedom Sunday,

      and this year Alliance Defense Fund and its supporters have quadrupled its participation from last year.

      Last year, 100 pastors committed to the event, but this year, registration lists are exploding, with 475 pastors who will participate in the event.

      On Pulpit Freedom Day, registered pastors are encouraged to videotape themselves speaking to their congregations about the Scripture, politics and political candidates, and mail those videos to the IRS.

      > "Our goal has always been ... to have the Johnson
      > amendment declared unconstitutional,"

      Stanley said.

      Since the project began in 2008 with 33 pastors, no churches have been investigated or had their tax-exempt status revoked due to their participation, Stanley said.

      The pastors registered to participate in the 2011 Pulpit Freedom Sunday include ministers from 46 states and Puerto Rico.