CRSQ Letter #1

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Because of the less than desired response from the Creation Research
      Society Quarterly [i.e. President Don DeYoung, Ph.D. (physics)], I
      thought it might be of historical relevance to post the record of my
      actual correspondence with the Society.

      Letter #1 follows my name below. As time allows I will endeavor to post
      the letters that followed.

      ##########################

      May 30, 1995

      Creation Research Society Quarterly
      P.O. Box 969
      Ashland, Ohio 44805-0969

      Dear Quarterly,

      It has just come to my attention that you may be about to embark upon a
      blunder. I am referring to an article advertised as coming out in your
      June edition by Trevor Major of Apologetics Press regarding Matthew
      Fontaine Maury.

      Mr. Major's boss, Bert Thompson, Ph.D., and Executive Director of
      Apologetics Press has been notorioius for promoting the "sick-bed,
      Bible-reading" myth (fable) regarding Mr. Maury. He has even claimed
      publicly that there is a statue of Mr. Maury with a Bible in one hand at
      the U.S. Naval Academy (of course, the statue with the Bible in "one
      outstretched hand" doesn't exist).

      I have tried for almost two years to get Mr. Thompson, Ph.D. and
      Executive Director of Apologetics Press, to retract the false history
      and science he has promoted regarding Mr. Maury. To date, my efforts
      have failed.

      It now appears that, as part of the coverup, Mr. Major is attempting to
      salvage Mr. Maury. See the latest edition of Reason & Revelation where
      Mr. Major has a similar article and cites his upcoming article in your
      publication as a reference. When his boss should have simply been
      admitting, explaining, and retracting his errors, Mr. Major is published
      without a hint of the fact that Bert Thompson and his paper are
      responsible, in large part, for misinforming the public.

      And you seem to now be a party to such political intrigue.

      I can't help but wonder whether these people realize that Matthew
      Fontaine Maury is on record as having said that the scriptures clearly
      indicate that the six days of the Genesis creation were not literal
      days. Wouldn't you guys condemn him, rather than "canonize" him, if he
      made that comment today??

      I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU RECONSIDER, IF POSSIBLE, YOUR PUBLICATION OF
      MR. MAJOR'S ARTICLE. IN THE FUTURE, I WOULD SUGGEST YOU FORWARD ANY
      SUCH ARTICLES TO ME FOR EDITORIAL COMMENT AND DOCUMENTATION (I DO NOT
      INTEND TO BOAST, BUT I HAVE CLEAR REASON TO BELIEVE I AM THE REASON FOR
      THE RENEWED INTEREST IN GETTING THE FACTS STRAIGHT REGARDING MR. MAURY,
      AND MR. MAJOR'S ARTICLES APPEAR CLEARLY TO BE PART OF THE CONTINUING
      COVERUP).