Re: Is it possible to escape from a black hole?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2011
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Greene" <greeneto@...> quoted from an article:

      > Samuel Braunstein and Dr. Manas Patra suggest
      > that information could escape from black holes
      > after all.

      That is not particularly meaningful to this tyro (e.g., what information is or could escape from a black hole).

      The linked article also has this comment:

      > The research, which appears in the latest
      > issue of Physical Review Letters, uses the
      > basic tenets of quantum mechanics to give
      > a new description of information leaking
      > from a black hole.

      That adds to the ambiguity, for this tyro, as to what they are talking about.

      Perhaps, in time, that will be better explained??

    • Todd Greene
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2011
        I'll be on the lookout for a discussion of this in layman's terms. (I just did a Google search for such, but apparently the report is just too new for there to be much response yet.)

        What I find particularly interesting about it is the detailed consideration of the theoretical hypothesis that gravity is not actually a fundamental force but is the manifestation of more fundamental processes.

        - Todd Greene

      • PIASAN@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2011
          From: Todd Greene
          What I find particularly interesting about it is the detailed consideration of
          the theoretical hypothesis that gravity is not actually a fundamental force but
          is the manifestation of more fundamental processes.

          Pi:
          Couldn't this lead to a rethinking of the strong, weak, and electromagnetic forces as being fundamental?

        • Todd Greene
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2011
            I can't answer that question. But check this out, I'm pretty sure it's related:

            Holographic Principle
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, PIASAN@... wrote:

            > From: Todd Greene
            > What I find particularly interesting about it is the detailed consideration of
            > the theoretical hypothesis that gravity is not actually a fundamental force but
            > is the manifestation of more fundamental processes.
            >
            > Pi:
            > Couldn't this lead to a rethinking of the strong, weak, and electromagnetic forces as being fundamental?
          • yanniru
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2011
              My string cosmology concludes that gravity is fundamental to the megaverse in which our universe resides as a brane and that the gravitons in the megaverse result in spacetime curvature in the universe.

              Ref: http://knol.google.com/k/implications-of-a-conjectured-multiverse-string-theory-in-26-dimensions#