Shadow of a multiverse

  • Todd Greene
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2011
      Is Our Universe Inside a Bubble? First Observational Test of the 'Multiverse'
      (ScienceDaily, 8/3/2011)
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110803102844.htm
      [go to link for full article]

      Excerpt:

      The theory that our universe is contained inside a bubble, and that multiple alternative universes exist inside their own bubbles -- making up the 'multiverse' -- is, for the first time, being tested by physicists.

      Two research papers published in Physical Review Letters and Physical Review D are the first to detail how to search for signatures of other universes. Physicists are now searching for disk-like patterns in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation -- relic heat radiation left over from the Big Bang -- which could provide tell-tale evidence of collisions between other universes and our own.