A mother's son: Kent Hovind & Dave Burgert (the Montana fugitive)!

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14 6:05 PM
      --------------------Forwarded Article----------------------

      http://www.mhrn.org/newsarchive/0502Burgert.html

      Article from Montana Human Rights Network News,
      May 2002

      Arrested Militia Activist Finds Support in Predictable Places

      (excerpts)

      Arrested Militia Activist Finds Support in Predictable Places

      In late February, Dave Burgert was arrested after jumping bail and disappearing.

      As police looked into his disappearance, they discovered a militia cell he allegedly headed known as Project 7.

      Authorities discovered a large weapons cache that included machine guns, explosives, 25,000 rounds of ammunition, and intelligence sheets on local police officers and judges that investigators referred to as a hit list.

      Burgert described himself as a member of the militia when he participated in the "Convoy of Tears" to Klamath Falls, OR, in the summer of 2001.

      Burgert faces charges of bail jumping, along with assaulting a police officer and obstructing a police officer.

      In late March, the Network received an e-mail from Dave Burgert's mother, Phyllis Richards.

      She attached an editorial she had written criticizing a column by former U.S. Representative Pat Williams.

      It was apparent that Burgert's mother supports her son's actions and shares much of his ideology.

      Richards said Burgert was a "one-man warrior" against corruption in Kalispell, and the judicial system bankrupted Burgert.

      She stated that the local police had threatened Burgert and criticized people for not understanding the true concept of the militia.

      She also said people should

      > "wish you were a 'sovereign citizen,'"

      but that was taken away long ago.

      Sovereign citizenship is a term common in the anti-government freemen movement.

      Freemen believe there are two types of citizenship:

      > "sovereign" and
      > "14th Amendment."

      Freemen believe sovereign citizens are bound only by God's law, and that the 14th Amendment created a second, lower type of citizenship whose rights are granted by the government.

      A "sovereign citizen" is not bound by federal law.

      She complimented the efforts of John Stokes and KGEZ radio in getting their version of the truth out, and she signed the column