Terry is back...kinda!

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2011
      See:

      From: Terry W. Benton
      Website: http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com
      Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
      Time: 10:45 AM MT

      Subject: Mosassaur soft tissue...dated by C14 at 24,600 years

      Yeah, but 24,600 years is WAY younger
      than the millions and billions of your
      viewpoint.

      Thus, it falsifies old-earth-creationism
      or evolutionism much more, and once again.

      Terry W. Benton
      http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com

      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2011
        Ho hum.

        What Rick Hartzog said.

        Also, just as the scientists wrote,

        | Given that the mosasaur humerus was housed in the
        | collections at IRSNB for many years, the possibility
        | existed that the collagenous matter identified herein
        | was non-authentic, and instead originated from fungal
        | growth or gelatin-based bone glue. However,
        | histological sections of untreated bone revealed that
        | the fibrous microstructures were deeply embedded in
        | hydroxyapatite prior to demineralization (Figure 1M).
        | Moreover, TOF MS and DNA analyses failed to detect
        | any ergosterol or nucleic acids attributable to fungi,
        | and we were unable to identify any substances that
        | could be related to bone glue (for instance, the
        | vessel lumina were draped by iron oxide crystals, not
        | organic matter; Figure 4). Likewise, the amount of
        | finite carbon was exceedingly small, corresponding to
        | 4.68%±0.1 of modern 14C activity (yielding an age of
        | 24,600 BP), and most likely reflect bacterial activity
        | near the outer surface of the bone (although no
        | bacterial proteins or hopanoids were detected, one
        | bacterial DNA sequence was amplified by PCR, and
        | microscopic clusters of bone-boring cyanobacteria were
        | seen in places along the perimeter of the diaphyseal
        | cortex). Two short DNA sequences of possible lagomorph
        | origin were amplified by PCR (together with three
        | human sequences), and consequently it is possible that
        | the outer surface of the bone has been painted with
        | animal glue at some point. Nonetheless, based on the
        | extremely weak PCR products obtained from the DNA
        | analysis (8–26 ng/μl after two rounds of PCR and
        | doubling up of the PCR reaction volume, suggesting
        | very few copies of template DNA prior to PCR), the
        | amount of lagomorph contamination is exceedingly small
        | and cannot account for the relatively large quantities
        | of fibrous matter located in between the vessel-like
        | forms (i.e., in the area of the osteoid).
        | Additionally, some fiber bundles are partially
        | mineralized (Figure 8), providing convincing evidence
        | for their antiquity. Accordingly, we find it
        | reasonable to conclude that the collagenous
        | biomolecules recovered from the fibrous tissues of
        | IRSNB 1624 are primary.

        From:
        http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0019445

        We see by their own words that they are specifically referring to ANALYZING CONTAMINATION SOURCES.

        As usual (as we have seen innumerable times in the past with remarks by Terry Benton), when it comes to science the man doesn't have a clue what he's talking about and obviously doesn't understand what scientists say - and also obviously has every intention of spouting false remarks based on nothing more than his own ignorance (as motivated by an utterly close-minded clinging his empirically false religious belief; 'I'm going to believe what I believe no matter what - screw the evidence!').

        In other words, the young earth creationist spouts silly remarks based on his scientific illiteracy and confusion. Demonstrating yet again why young earth creationist rhetoric - and young earth creationists - are, in regard to science, a sheer waste of time. Same old, same old.

        - Todd Greene

        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Robert Baty wrote (post #23382):
        > See:

        > From: Terry W. Benton
        > Website: http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com
        > Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
        > Time: 10:45 AM MT
        >
        > Subject: Mosassaur soft tissue...dated by C14 at 24,600 years
        >
        > Yeah, but 24,600 years is WAY younger
        > than the millions and billions of your
        > viewpoint.
        >
        > Thus, it falsifies old-earth-creationism
        > or evolutionism much more, and once again.
        >
        > Terry W. Benton
        > http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2011
          Last Sunday passed and again Terry W. Benton was not in the pulpit of the Pine Lane church.

          Terry has posted some notes, quite infrequently considering his past prolifit posting history, but I have still not seen any announcement regarding his circumstances regarding the Pine Lane church.

          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

          Terry has only posted once to the coCBanned list in the last couple of months or so and he apparently has not been in the pulpit at the Pine Lane church lately.

          Anyone know the story on that?

          Terry's (church) website:

          > http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2011
            It looks like another Sunday passed, May 15, 2011, without Terry Benton in the pulpit of the Pine Lane church.

            While Terry has recently posted to that other list, I didn't see any news regarding his situation.

            The link is:

            http://www.pinelanechurchofchrist.com