Re: Next up: Kent Hovind's Tax Court trial!

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2011
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, PIASAN@... wrote:

      > And the interest on what he
      > owes keeps adding up.....

      I think at this point it is accurate to say that the interest on the tax that will be sustained will exceed the tax amount; and then there are the penalties.

      Of course, it may well be that the Hovinds will content themselves to fight the liabilities for the rest of their lives and so the amounts don't really matter. It's not like they are ever going to pay up.

      They are going to have plenty of time to arrange their affairs to keep the tax man at bay when the time comes, and I suspect they are busy doing just that.

      How successful will their efforts be?

      Time will tell.

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2011
        In checking the Tax Court's website, I notice that the only activity scheduled for Jacksonville, FL, where Kent said he wanted his trial, is a small case calendar set for September of this year. Kent's case would not qualify for a small case calendar.

        So, unless something develops, it looks like Kent's case won't be scheduled for trial until some time next year.

        At that rate, it could be that the Court issues an opinion in Jo's case before Kent's gets to trial; unless the Court decides to hold up a decision in her case pending Kent's trial and in order to insure consistency of any findings.

        Looks like the income tax cases are going to be around for a long time.

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        Jo's trial having concluded, we can now look forward to the next developments in the Kent Hovind Tax Court case.

        That case should be scheduled for trial before long; or some other action will be taking place that could affect the scheduling of that case for trial.

        Stay tuned.